Howdy from inner north Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeggie

Reaction score
Long time lurker, been doing a few kits and about to jump into All grain.
Have learnt so freakin' much from these forums.

Already had great experience with Grain and Grape, and despite being a fair drive from where I live, it's definitely worth it.

If anyone has any advice of Homebrew shops in northern suburbs let us know. Is the Greensborough one
still operating?

It's a slippery slop!

Greensborough shop is still running. Doesn't quite have the range you get at G&G, but he has all the grains, hops and wyeast that will keep you going. Everything you'll need to get started, and some great advice some Dave if you need any help.

Another shop worth check out that has recently stepped up their brewing ingredients are Home Make It. They have a great range, and currently stock White-Labs which is hard to find this side of town!

Check em both out and see which you like best!

Welcome aboard mate, bit of a hole in the Northern burbs, I vaguely remember somebody mentioning a place in Northcote but from memory they had a few poor practices so you may be best off with the places you know and trust.

Cheers

Sounds like the G&G is worth the drive. Learning to stock up and plan a few brews ahead :)

I've noticed there's a few Brew clubs in the Western and Eastern suburbs, any Brew clubs around here? I'm in the Thornbury area

Never been there and it may not have the range or website of GG but everyone who I know who shops at Greensy speaks very highly of the experience so don't discount it. Could do worse than GG though - passionate, helpful staff in the main and pretty much everything you could need or want. Can also order online for delivered goods.
There's a few who travel out to Melbourne brewers from this area - otherwise worthogs is your best bet unless you can get into inner circle brewers with a special handshake.

Will check out Melbourne brewers then, friend recommended them. Bit of a drive, but keen to learn BIAB and all grain.
Learnt kit and extracts from a mate and have (fortunately for me) already surpassed his knowledge and keen to go from good to awesome :D

G&G have regular demos including BIAB, Gravity 3v and Braumiester. Well worth it, that's how I got into AG.

Cant go wrong with Greenborough Home Brewing

Dave's a top bloke at Greensborough hombrewing, been going there for years, for a little store he stocks a lot of grains etc, all well priced too

zeggie said:
Will check out Melbourne brewers then, friend recommended them. Bit of a drive, but keen to learn BIAB and all grain.
Learnt kit and extracts from a mate and have (fortunately for me) already surpassed his knowledge and keen to go from good to awesome :D
Melbourne Brewers meet last Wednesday of the month, there are a couple of people up your was that come out to the meetings, if you are keen let me know and I will see if I cant help with a car pool lift out there or something, at least I can put out the feelers and see if anyone from that area is going.

Cheers

Where abouts in Thornbury are you? I recently moved to Thornbury myself...

I'd be happy to show the ropes on a 3V setup. I usually brew everything fortnight so some company would be nice haha

Definitely not ready/nor have the room for 3V lol, Pretty keen to get into BIAB using an urn but would be keen to see 3V brew day.

Flat out with uni for the next month, will investigate club meetings when it warms up a bit and less hectic for sure.

Cheers nu_brew, pencilled in the G&G BIAB day end of this month :D

Next MB meeting is at mountain goat in Richmond. Not quite outside your uni schedule but much closer than usual.
Also happy to have a visitor on a brewday. 3v also but the principles of what happens in a mash is the same as biab and boil is identical.

manticle said:
Next MB meeting is at mountain goat in Richmond. Not quite outside your uni schedule but much closer than usual.
Also happy to have a visitor on a brewday. 3v also but the principles of what happens in a mash is the same as biab and boil is identical.
Hi Manticle, I looked on the Melbourne brewers website and couldn't see anything about the meeting at Mountain Goat?
Could you point me in the right direction?

Back