How To Purge Fermeter With Co2 If A Bottler?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much for your system approx?

I try not to think about money when at the LHBS, but you can pick up a regulator for around $100, and I think the bottle cost $280ish? Refills are cheaper though ($90 I think?). Got the bottles from TWOC, prices not on website though so if you wanna confirm follow the banner & give them a call! The only other thing you would need is some gas line (ie BEVA 4mm)

This shows the Better Bottle method, which you could probably adapt to work with normal fermenters:

Link

You vent the CO2 from your primary into your secondary. As you run your beer from the primary to the now-CO2-filled secondary, you allow the escaping CO2 to refill the headspace in the primary. It all looks quite neat, although you would need to be able to fit two fermenters in your fridge.

I try not to think about money when at the LHBS, but you can pick up a regulator for around $100, and I think the bottle cost $280ish? Refills are cheaper though ($90 I think?). Got the bottles from TWOC, prices not on website though so if you wanna confirm follow the banner & give them a call! The only other thing you would need is some gas line (ie BEVA 4mm)
This is much above what I was hoping. I was considering a little one such as the portable ones people with breathing issues can carry on them. After all, how much would I really be using at the best of times?

Thanks for the info though.

for bottling, try these

Are these really good? If we use a bottle filler, won't the effect of oxygen be minimal if anything?
Perhaps on special beer but these would add a fair bit of cost to the batch for what I imagine would be a tiny reward. I think I'd rather get another pack of hops to satisfy my addiction.

This is much above what I was hoping. I was considering a little one such as the portable ones people with breathing issues can carry on them. After all, how much would I really be using at the best of times?

Thanks for the info though.
That's for a bottle about the size of those little oxygen tanks. A 5kg cylinder, about the same size as a fire extinguisher. You can rent the bottles from CIG and BOC, but it's an expensive way to do it.

Latest posts

Back