How To Loose Weigh And Drink Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work Pumpy; we all need to think about our health.

If anyone has seen me, I'm 6 foot tall and just as wide. I'm naturally a large / solid build, but lately the fat has been winning. I tried going to the gym, etc.

I thought I would throw my diet up here too.
I've been on a High Protein Low Carb diet for 7 weeks. I break 2 rules; which is no carbs after lunch time as I have a few beers after work basically everyday. Also you get 1 free day a week to eat crap; I have been having 2 free days (Sat and Sun) but haven't gone stupid on the free days. I still have managed to loose 7kg in just under 7 weeks with minimal exercising so far. I will be getting more into the exercising soon. I don't feel hungry; and it is a diet that I plan on staying on forever. I didn't start out saying I wanted to loose 1kg a week, my goal was I just wanted to loose 0.5kg a week; so even if I drop back to that I am still happy.

I use the term meat below; but basically it is any high protein low carb product. I love smoked mussels, oysters, sardines, ham, beef, steak; and heaps of tuna, bacon and 2 eggs for breaky; lots of chicken breast marinated different ways. It seems like a lot of meat, but before I used to have 300-400g for a steak with dunner.

Carbs are flour products, sugars. So breads, pasta, rice, sweet drinks are all bad.

Saturday and Sunday
Free to eat crap foods and drink
I still keep an eye on what I have; since I have 2 free days; when the program says only 1.

Mondays = Detox
100g meat for breaky
100g meat for morning tea
100g meat for lunch
100g meat for arvo tea
100g meat dinner
100g meat for supper (if you feel like it)

Tuesday to Friday
100g meat for breaky + some carbs
100g meat for lunch + all the salad & veg you want (once you get to your goal weight you can have carbs here)
100g meat for arvo tea
100g meat dinner + all the salad & veg you want ( I tend to have up to 150-200g here if I'm hungry)
100g meat for supper (if you feel like it- often I may have 1/2 a HPLC bar)

Also I snack during the day on sugar free mints/gum, coffee (plunger coffee) and HPLC bars(max 1 bar a day).
Like every diet, drink heaps of water.

edit: Also it is recommended to have psyllium and a multi-vitamin every day.

QldKev

I was reading an article in Time magazine the other day "The myth of exercise" that concludes that exercise & going to the gym does not lose weight as the body adjusts by eating more. Of course exercise is good in other ways such as preventing heart attacks and strokes, improved flexibility and mobility, pulling more chicks etc. However weight loss no, zip zilch.

It's what you eat that counts and for most people, being active at the same level as a hundred years ago is all the exercise you need, just by walking to the shops, keep busy doing housework, get a push mower and generally limit your computer and couch potato time. Up until the 1970s very few women, for example, did jogging or went to the gym, it was unheard of. Also only a minority of married women worked - so the "oh yes everyone used to dig ditches and walk 5 miles to work every day so no wonder they were skinny" argument doesn't apply, yet the majority of women were moderately slim by todays standards.

1956_wedding_gracegroup.jpg

Then along came KFC, Maccas, oceans of cooking oil and margarine that were used lavishly as opposed to the scarce and expensive butter and meat drippings of the previous era, and supermarkets full of sugary breakfast cereals, cakes and bikkies. Now have a look at some of the people waddling along pushing trolleys in malls, especially lower socio economic areas. Kev is on the right track.

One of the true pleasures in life is a hunger that comes from being physically exhausted.

Congrats Pumpy, keep up the good work, like it has been said here many a time it's not the beer its the crap we eat in between that stuffs us up. Well done......

work 6 X 12hr night shifts a week, 6 beers before bed at 7 in the morning, consume 1 pot noodle every 2 days whether you need it or not.

cheers

work 6 X 12hr night shifts a week, 6 beers before bed at 7 in the morning, consume 1 pot noodle every 2 days whether you need it or not.

cheers

sounds like your living the dream!

cheers

Used to work 4 x 12 hours at a glass factory in the UK - yup five pints of EDME lager at 7 am, been there :beerbang:

schlossgold!! half the calories of apple juice all the flavour of good european lager without the alcohol.

Try this beer to include more alcohol free days in the week. Get it at wollies $1.35 a can (330ml).

Lost 7 kilos in 5 - 6 months without trying. Still drink beer but not as much of it! Happiness has contributed to the weigh loss!

I agree with the psyllium, I usually have a 3-eggs in olive oil plain omelette and quarter of a rockmelon for brekkie, chased down with a beaker of lite milk mixed with a heaped dessertspoon of psyllium. In fact I'm about to mix it up now. Because we don't have brekkie till 10 - 11 am (I work part time evenings so not an early riser) that plug of goodness usually keeps me going all day so I can have beers from 4pm onwards and a normal Vindaloo etc for tea.

I probably walk a total of forty minutes to and from the kegmate so that's good.

I won't post a photo of the psyllium effects but it's really pleasing on a regular basis if you are an anally fixated person :D

BribieG,

The effect of the psyllium husk is a bit dramatic for the start , I thought I would never get to work hd to keep returning to the WC but settles down in time :)

Good work Pumpy; we all need to think about our health.

If anyone has seen me, I'm 6 foot tall and just as wide. I'm naturally a large / solid build, but lately the fat has been winning. I tried going to the gym, etc.

I thought I would throw my diet up here too.
I've been on a High Protein Low Carb diet for 7 weeks. I break 2 rules; which is no carbs after lunch time as I have a few beers after work basically everyday. Also you get 1 free day a week to eat crap; I have been having 2 free days (Sat and Sun) but haven't gone stupid on the free days. I still have managed to loose 7kg in just under 7 weeks with minimal exercising so far. I will be getting more into the exercising soon. I don't feel hungry; and it is a diet that I plan on staying on forever. I didn't start out saying I wanted to loose 1kg a week, my goal was I just wanted to loose 0.5kg a week; so even if I drop back to that I am still happy.

I use the term meat below; but basically it is any high protein low carb product. I love smoked mussels, oysters, sardines, ham, beef, steak; and heaps of tuna, bacon and 2 eggs for breaky; lots of chicken breast marinated different ways. It seems like a lot of meat, but before I used to have 300-400g for a steak with dunner.

Carbs are flour products, sugars. So breads, pasta, rice, sweet drinks are all bad.

Saturday and Sunday
Free to eat crap foods and drink
I still keep an eye on what I have; since I have 2 free days; when the program says only 1.

Mondays = Detox
100g meat for breaky
100g meat for lunch
100g meat for arvo tea
100g meat dinner
100g meat for supper (if you feel like it)

Tuesday to Friday
100g meat for breaky + some carbs
100g meat for lunch + all the salad & veg you want (once you get to your goal weight you can have carbs here)
100g meat for arvo tea
100g meat dinner + all the salad & veg you want ( I tend to have up to 150-200g here if I'm hungry)
100g meat for supper (if you feel like it- often I may have 1/2 a HPLC bar)

Also I snack during the day on sugar free mints/gum, coffee (plunger coffee) and HPLC bars(max 1 bar a day).
Like every diet, drink heaps of water.

edit: Also it is recommended to have psyllium and a multi-vitamin every day.

QldKev

QldKev,

I thought is was just me starting to get a bit consciencious about my weight , hoping to get the Speedos out on the beach this Summer :eek:

Batz found it on the web & put the "TP" on the front for me Pumpy. Rather a good likeness I reckon. :lol:

TP

Ha Ha Pete what ever you do dont go on the diet your red cape may slip off :)

Congrats Pumpy, keep up the good work, like it has been said here many a time it's not the beer its the crap we eat in between that stuffs us up. Well done......

Thanks Murcluf for the support ,

I find one trick is ,I try to cook the evening meal as soon as I get home so I dont snack and gives me time to go for a walk after I eaten .

:)

Well there's one thing I don't intend to e from and that's starvation or dehydration - well that's two things

Well there's one thing I don't intend to e from and that's starvation or dehydration - well that's two things
Howling Dog ,I thought the same as you but it is also about the way you think about what you put into your body ,I have more energy to do my brewing related things ,later at night .
otherwise I would feel tired and go to bed.I still enjoy my beer and food I probably eat more regulary before I would miss meals get so hungry ,I would pig out . I just make sure I don't eat my dinner late at night and sleep on a full stomach I eat earlier and go for a walk.

I still eat Pizza but make it with Wholemeal bread and just a sprinkling of cheese. Yes my beer consumption has gon down but that does not mean I don't enjoy my beer more my American West coast red ale 6% is going down a treat.
Pumpy :)

Thanks raven19 I have cut down a little on the beer .

One trick I missed wasto create a graph on Excel and a cermonious weigh in every Sunday morning this is well worth doing to make it a bit of a competition with others :)

Also keep in mind as you lose kg's your body fat ratio could (should) change - as such with muscle being more dense it can skew weight figures.

A mate who is into his personal fitness regime swears by measurement rather than weight.

Ideally more muscle is being added to the body (eg arms, legs, etc), and fat is being lost in other areas (eg the beer belly!).

So if the weight losses start to flatten out, this does not necessarily mean fat is still not being burned up and lost.

All the best with it.

Latest posts

Back