How To Loose Weigh And Drink Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Just thought I would share a typical menu and program how I have lost 9 kilo weight since January I am stoked and it is achievable .

Breakfast porridge made with lite milk & Tablespoon Physillium husks.

Berrocca fizzy drink .

Tea or coffee Nescafe Gold Blend no milk or sugar.

Morning tea two slices whole meal bread with a fresh Bannana.

Lunch Salad with Smoked salmon,sounds expensive but only use 50 grams Salmon
Two slices whole meal bread.
Fresh fruit .

Dinner
Two beers .
Homemade Chicken & Vegetable soup .
two slices whole meal bread.

Fresh fruit .

After Dinner 40 minute walk important

Supper Milo made with lite milk

No snacking
No chocolate or lollies
No Ice cream
No cakes
Eat regular dont starve

Tea or coffee Nescafe Gold Blend no milk or sugar at any time !!!

Pumpy :)

My method was 1/2Kg of dodgy prawns by day 10 the wristwatch spins freely and the shorts are too big round the waist.

No walks necessary just the runs. :chug:

Nescafe Gold Blend.

Please tell me this is achievable without drinking Nescafe Gold Blend. Or any instant coffee for that matter...

Nescafe Gold Blend.

Please tell me this is achievable without drinking Nescafe Gold Blend. Or any instant coffee for that matter...

Agreed. I can't imagine anything worse than instant with no milk or sugar...those two things are the only way to make it palatable!

I'm sure the entire tea/coffee could be removed. You could also halve the slices of bread to lose weight even faster.

Loose weigh?

Isn't that what they use to make ricotta?

Fair play to you for losing some weight Pumpy, always a good thing. :super:

My partner is on weight watchers and is doing very well. I eat the same as she does for dinner but my other meals are 'normal' and I've lost 5kg in a couple of months. Biggest thing i have learnt from her diet is portion sizing.

I think you nailed it

No snacking
No chocolate or lollies
No Ice cream
No cakes
Eat regular dont starve

Especially the last one. Eating regular meals keeps your mind in control so that you don't endulge

Congradulations

I eat what I want, drink like I want...

I do ride a bike 120km a day so I guess thats not normal though.

Still I thought I'd chime in. :D

The easy equation is everything is fuel. You don't top up your car when the tank is mostly full, why do it differently if its yourself?

Been there, done that for 36 or so years with a slight hiccup over the last 12 months.
Am supposed to be a "Lifetime" member of WeightWatchers but there seems to be no such thing these days when the dollar says it all? (Sigh)
Have found that I loose weight & can drink on weekends by following the following if you get my drift? :)

Brekkie --- 2 x fruit
Lunch --- nil
Tea (Or dinner to you Yank slaves) --- Just a normal meal

Exercise all I can with lots of swims, walks, bike rides.

And there you have it! Good luck!

TP

We have a few loose brewers here it would seem! :p

Congrats Pumpy on losing some kilo's - I have found reducing beer intake and a number of alcohol free days during the week does wonders.

Mate.
You only drank 2 beers with lunch and put up with that daily intake to lose only 9 kgs since January.
I think I can help you out here if you really are worried about your weight due to beer intake.

Breakfast - shag the missus, put the milk that you put with the porridge in your coffee and have some fruit, nuts and toast, fish if you're clever enough to catch them. Have a beer.
Morning Tea - shag the neighbours missus, three beers and some caviar on rice crackers.
Lunch - have a threesome with your best mate and his missus. Have two beers and a steak and mushroom pie.
Dinner - have as much beer and eat whatever you want.
After Dinner - a 2 hour love making session with the missus
Supper - more beer and snack on whatever you feel inclined

I guarantee your weight increase will be the least of your worries.

Nescafe Gold Blend.

Goatherder ,

Nescafe Gold blend is just a bit up on flavour otherwise I find it difficult to drink cheaper instant coffee without milk or sugar :)

Loose weigh?

Isn't that what they use to make ricotta?

Fair play to you for losing some weight Pumpy, always a good thing. :super:

My partner is on weight watchers and is doing very well. I eat the same as she does for dinner but my other meals are 'normal' and I've lost 5kg in a couple of months. Biggest thing i have learnt from her diet is portion sizing.

Dr Smurto thats how I started via my missus ,I was not serious for the start but when it started working I was hooked :)

We have a few loose brewers here it would seem! :p

Congrats Pumpy on losing some kilo's - I have found reducing beer intake and a number of alcohol free days during the week does wonders.

Thanks raven19 I have cut down a little on the beer .

One trick I missed wasto create a graph on Excel and a cermonious weigh in every Sunday morning this is well worth doing to make it a bit of a competition with others :)

I think you nailed it

No snacking
No chocolate or lollies
No Ice cream
No cakes
Eat regular dont starve

Especially the last one. Eating regular meals keeps your mind in control so that you don't endulge

Congradulations

yep Verbyla someone once said on the forum its not the beer you drink its the junk you eat inbetween .

Eating regular avoids those pigging out binges I would indulde in :)

Mate.
You only drank 2 beers with lunch and put up with that daily intake to lose only 9 kgs since January.
I think I can help you out here if you really are worried about your weight due to beer intake.

Breakfast - shag the missus, put the milk that you put with the porridge in your coffee and have some fruit, nuts and toast, fish if you're clever enough to catch them. Have a beer.
Morning Tea - shag the neighbours missus, three beers and some caviar on rice crackers.
Lunch - have a threesome with your best mate and his missus. Have two beers and a steak and mushroom pie.
Dinner - have as much beer and eat whatever you want.
After Dinner - a 2 hour love making session with the missus
Supper - more beer and snack on whatever you feel inclined

I guarantee your weight increase will be the least of your worries.

Ha Ha Boagsy nice if you can get it :(

Oh shit! :blink:
Forgot to congratulate you on your dieting efforts Pumpy old son. :super: Keep it going mate.

Lots of Cheers & Beers,
TP

Thanks TidalPete for the encouragement , I think it is important to share with our fellow brewers something that may improve thier health we all drink a fair bit this helps make up for it .

Love the SuperPeteMan that is great who did that Franko ?

Thanks TidalPete for the encouragement , I think it is important to share with our fellow brewers something that may improve thier health we all drink a fair bit this helps make up for it .

Love the SuperPeteMan that is great who did that Franko ?

What do you mean who did it? That's a photo from the last case swap ;)

I agree with the psyllium, I usually have a 3-eggs in olive oil plain omelette and quarter of a rockmelon for brekkie, chased down with a beaker of lite milk mixed with a heaped dessertspoon of psyllium. In fact I'm about to mix it up now. Because we don't have brekkie till 10 - 11 am (I work part time evenings so not an early riser) that plug of goodness usually keeps me going all day so I can have beers from 4pm onwards and a normal Vindaloo etc for tea.

I probably walk a total of forty minutes to and from the kegmate so that's good.

I won't post a photo of the psyllium effects but it's really pleasing on a regular basis if you are an anally fixated person :D

Latest posts

Back