How to hop "Wassa's Honey Porter"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatbreaker

Reaction score
Hi, I got wind of this recipe for Wassa's Honey Porter using cascade chocolate porter.

So I went and bought one of those Morgans Cascade hops tea-bags, the thing is that I don't think I've hopped it correctly, because I've never hopped anything from a tea-bag before. I just followed the instructions basically on the pack which was
  1. Create the wort
  2. soak the tea-bag in hot water for 10 mins
  3. throw it in
  4. throw the yeast on
I'm worried though, how long should I leave the bag in for? It'll be a day soon, that's way too much isn't it?

G'day beatbreaker
I used to make that recipe a year or two ago before i changed AG, it used to be very popular with my mates. I didn't use a hop bag, just brought 2 litres of water to the boil, dissolved the Dark dry malt in the water and added the honey and hops. You can also add your kit as well if you like before tipping into the fermenter and then just top up with water. The hops will settle into the trub.

cheers
Taz

Ok sure, so the basic thing I'm worried about is weather or not the hop-bag will make my brew bitter as f@#$ if I don't take it out soon -

From what I'm hearing it'll be fine to leave it in until I need to bottle?

Latest posts

Back