How To Get Cheap Hb Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie

Reaction score
Hi,

I worked out how to get cheap HB Concentrate kits from supermarkets. Spy some kits that are dented, and missing the yeast, ask 3 year old shop assistant (seriously they are getting younger), if they will be reduced. Watch 3 year old look at you like you just spoke some alien language, then respond with, you'll have to ask the manager.

FYI the manager is the 6 year old, with slick back hair and pants falling down.....

Anyway this was too hard, so I thinks to myself, wife luvs to shop and get a bargain, send her down to haggle.....

Asks wifey nicely the next time she at Coles would she mind, seeing if she can use her powers for good and get me some cheap kits.

She does but again meets 3 year old, only wife smart enough to get them to put the kits behind counter, until she can return next day when apparent manager is on site.

Wifey not only does it, but does it after picking 8 year old up from school, with 2 year old twins in support. Now let me explain the twins, the girl is very quiet and unassuming, until someone (normally her twin brother) annoys her, then she has the power of a CAT 5 Tropical Cyclone. The boy (Zach) is well...... let his two nicknames explain him 1) Zach and Destroy, 2) Destructor.

So wife gets to counter, and meets 6 year old manager, who proceeds to be extremely dumb and not only can't remember his own name, but can't decide what to do, and thinks full price is the only option.

Now the fun bit, as if on queue, the boy decides he has had enough, (now Zach likes the odd brochure, but when presented with a large array of various brochures), he begins to destroy about 100+ brochures, and shred them so fine you would think his hands were a paper shredder.

6 year old manager, appears to think, this is not going well for him, then twin sister gets a brochure in the face, and decides that the shopping centre does not require windows, and attempts to remove them with her voice.

6 Year old manager says half price here you go, wife walks away with 2 x Tooheys Dark Ale kits, which will be put to good use by me.

In fact one is already bubbling away:

Tooheys Dark Ale Kit
Safale S-04 Yeast
Coopers Brew Enhancer 1
250g Dry Dark Malt Extract
Fermenting at 18 Deg Celc.

2nd one not decided yet, woould appreciate some suggestions.

Cheers,

Brownie

Haaah - nice one! Had me laughing on that - come to think about it, kits are pretty rarely on special either, so that's probably the best way to go.

Cheers - Mike

Latest posts

Back