How To Drink Coopers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always serve my Coopers - red, green and yellow, with the yeast as it does add flavour and is the way it is meant to be. I dont enjoy the beer as much without the yeast mixed through probably from years of drinking it that way. To me it is the only way to drink it.
IMHO Mercs is right on. well maybe not so much to mu liking with pale ale, but certainl red and yellow.

Ale_snail, to clarify, for $39.95 you get a case of 12, 750ml longnecks at Dan Murphy's.

This is about the same price as supermarkets sell a slab of 24, 375ml VB stubbies.

Coopers is a better beer and of course the bottles are a big bonus!!!

Just went through this post now, Jayse.

Yeah I drank about 10 schooners of sparkling Copper on tap at Darling Harbour last year and it was muddy water.
Only drank it because the I was in a shout and short of money.
The other guy though it was mother milk and I tried to find out for myself.
Didn't agree with me. Probably too many.
Have tride the bottle version without the yeast in the glass and preferred it that way.
I am about to have one of my HB's CPA now, which I used copper recultured yeast and primed with dextrose, and it taste better yet but still lacks that little extra you seek.

No yeast for me though

This thread is really concerning, as hombrewers we are meant to be interested in experiencing new things, and brewing to individual taste etc

Maybe you should have done a poll to work it out for you.

Sorry to seem rude, but c'mon you have 12 long necks, surely you can try and try again...

i always roll the coopers bottles. It gives it some flavour that i belive coopers has been missing lately.

hey yeah, i have noticed that coopers pale has gone really pale at all my locals, and the taste is not the same. i thought it might have been keg variation but its been for a while now. anyone else agree?? :huh:

This thread is really concerning, as hombrewers we are meant to be interested in experiencing new things, and brewing to individual taste etc

Maybe you should have done a poll to work it out for you.

Sorry to seem rude, but c'mon you have 12 long necks, surely you can try and try again...

I have been playing around with it. But I though the coopers peoples must of had something in mind when they decided to bottle their beer this way. Trying to figure out what they were thinking.

But Im thinking I like having a bit of the sediment in the beer... but that last mouthful with a heap of gunk in it is a bit harsh...

Only got 1 bottle left, so im thinking i might need to get a case of reds and see how they go (with and without the stuff mixed up...)

And mixing the yeastie bits in seems to work well. ,I dont really have a lot of room in my fridge to stand bottles up. Laying the bottles down doesnt really matter if im gonna roll them anyway...

drink it rolled

drink it cold

you can drink it young, or old

the truth is, its liquid gold

EDIT* i did make this up just then btw..

That would xplain why its such a crappy rhyme then.
Almost as bad as aussie hip hop :lol:

That would xplain why its such a crappy rhyme then.
Almost as bad as aussie hip hop :lol:

it may be a shit rhyme but i like it and it is 110% truth

to clarify also, i beleive you guys when you are saying red green and yellow, you are talking about Sparkling, Pale and Mild right, well some could confuse yellow with the Extra Best Stout, Mild Ale is Mustard..lol

from brewhaus.com.au

If you like drinking a beer that is very cloudy and tastes very strongly of yeast, shake the beer or roll it horizontally across the table a few times - just like those tossers who ask for their bottle of Coopers Pale Ale to be "rolled" before being poured. If, however you would prefer to taste the delicate marriage of the malt, hops and yeast (not sure if a marriage of 3 has yet been approved in Oz) in your creation then read on.

Latest posts

Back