How To Clean Beer Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
/// said:
Its ok, you have them in your mouth already, called plague.

Scotty
I only just found this but I'm pretty sure we're out of the dark ages...
(I think you meant plaQue ;) )

Hey brewers,
Just wondering how to go about cleaning and sanatizing the beer lines and taps on my kegerator?
Cheers
i bought one of those 100 litre black tubs with the yellow lids from bummings which is filled with pink steriliser the kegs fit perfectly and i attatch a spare liquid disconnect to it before sinking it overnight to allow for the steriliser to go into the dip tube ,,drain and place into another tub with fresh water in it, it has been said you do not rinse with water as it can contaminate your beer,,but i make my beer with water

i bought one of those 100 litre black tubs with the yellow lids from bummings which is filled with pink steriliser the kegs fit perfectly
If the pink steriliser is chlorinated trisodium phosphate I’d be a bit reluctant to use it on stainless for very long due to the chlorine.
Non chlorinated TSP is available as Tricleanium at bunnos and is good for tough cleaning.

My cleaning setup, the black keg is a 50 L mix of stellar san, 1.5 ml per liter, so 75ml per 50 .
I just de couple a beer keg, hook it up to the cleaning solution open the beer tap add just enough co2 to get it moving and push 3 or 4 litres through each line( my lines are 5 meters).

Put the couplers back on the good stuff, do the same thing until i get beer through the tap. Works fine and is quick. Might not be right, but it works and the beer tastes fine.

Happy brewing [emoji482][emoji482]
1548131612431.jpeg
1548132179254.jpeg

Latest posts

Back