How To Build A High Pressure Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for that post. Excellent.

Mud has purchased eight jets, so that would work out perfectly you think?

So long as set up as your picture.

GreatInfoTherePunkin :icon_cheers:

No probs Punkin. 8 jets will crank :super:

Make a jet using MIG welder gun tips. That way you can vary the jets easly and cheaply.

mig_tip.jpeg

Make a jet using MIG welder gun tips. That way you can vary the jets easly and cheaply.

Ive mean reading heaps about venturi burners on blacksmith forums and they also recommend MIG tips. These burners look unbelievable common.

UPDATE

I did a boil test today and it took about 15 min to boil 10L of room temp water with the burner running at about 70%.

some people on one of those "unmentionable brewing" sites have made there own burners much like yours Jye

I think they are pretty much like weed burners but a little supercharged :)

weed-torch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MIG tips are the go for jets....many size's,easy to replace

Basically drill a 1/4 hole on your delivery pipe, weld a nut with the same thread as a MIG tip......

Jye,

What sort of regulator are you using?

Phil

Being the wet drag... i do hope anybody doing this sort of project is aware of the dangers, and well trained in the needed design aspects to ensure a safe outcome.

Being the wet drag... i do hope anybody doing this sort of project is aware of the dangers, and well trained in the needed design aspects to ensure a safe outcome.

Us brewers like to live dangerous ..... If in doubt , just consult AHB :rolleyes:

Back