• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

3V Keg Conversion Brewhouse - Single Tier, Gas Kettle, Elec HLT + all

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerw

Reaction score
Hey all,

Selling my brew rig due to lack of use. All kegs were bought at a scrap yard a few years ago and it took a while to get it all going, but here we go!

Located in Northwest suburbs of Melbourne

All fittings are stainless steel unless noted and the inlet/outlet connections are 1/2” barbs. All valves are stainless 2pce Ball Valves

photo(5).jpg

HLT – 50L keg

2200w Element with Temperature controller and 24hr timer so you can set HLT to turn automatically before brewing
SS Lid
Self graduated sightglass for checking levels
Scavenger tube connected to outlet valve
Boss brand, 2 stage 10” water filters – cartridges will need replacing as they are ~2 years without use

photo 4.jpg

MT – 50L Tall style keg

Insulated on walls and underneath meaning a temperature loss of less than 1degC per hour of mashing
12” False bottom connected to outlet valve
6” Fermentap temperature probe
SS Lid for mashing
SS Lid with copper sparge ring for sparge
Sightglass fittings attached if you would like to add a sightglass as a manomoter
Mashing paddle included

photo 5.jpg

Kettle – 50L Keg

Scavenger elbow connected to outlet valve to increase yield and reduce trub cone drawoff
4 Ring Burner with Regulator + Hose for connection to standard LPG bottle
SS long spoon included for whirlpooling

photo 3.jpg

Heat Exchanger

30 Plate Scintex Heat exchanger
Brass garden hose fittings on water side of HEX
Flow/Temperature control valve with 3” Temperature probe for accurate transfer temperature
0.5 Micron O2 sintered stone with shutoff valve for inline oxygenation of wort to fermenter

photo 2.jpg
Hopback – 20L Keg

False bottom attached to outlet valve
Can be used as a hopback, cleaning vessel for recirculation cleaning of Heat Exchanger or for decoctions

Brewstand
Welded steel frame which has been powdercoated black with spots for each vessel aside from hopback
2 x March pumps mounted to frame on brackets with outlet control valves
4 Ring Gas burner mounted to stand
I also have some recirc/whirlpool tubes which I never got around to installing so the whirlpool can be done with a pump. All you'll need is some hoses for this thing and its ready to go

All up I am looking for $1500 for this whole system. If you do the math and separate everything out, you will see what a good deal this is

-------------------------

Misc: UWE scales - 600g x 0.1g resolution - $80

photo 1.jpg

I have plenty more bits and pieces including SS trays, Corny disconnects, Fermenters of various sizes (10L/30L), Hydrometers, pH meter + calibration/cleaning solutions. I'll add these to the post as I get around to it but people who are interested in the rig are welcome to poke through the tubs upon tubs and make offers

Cheers!
W

Will start accepting reasonable offers before splitting this up

Really interested in this. Is it possible to come and see it? I'm in West Melbourne.

Tom

Back