How Much Yeast For Twocan Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huisbrouwen

Reaction score
As a fan of Coopers sparkling I decided to try this recipe off the Coopers website:

1.7kg Premium Selection Sparkling Ale
1.5kg Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract
500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
300g Dextrose/Sucrose

I'm planning to ditch the coopers yeast in favour of a Saf ale, but looking at all those fermentables, I'm worried one sachet won't be enough?

Will it?

will get through that no problems.

dont forget to airate well. many people say its not needed for dried yeast, but whenever i do, i get a much stronger faster ferment.

One packet of Safale US05 will be plenty. Then have your next brew planned to add onto the primary yeast cake. I have done this 3 times with good results each time.

Yeah. I've done a few toucans and have always just used just one yeast sachet. No problem at all; fermentation was always vigorous.

as already stated above

lower temps and really high %alc reqiure more yeast. 1 pack will be fine. If i was useing the supplied kit yeast then i'd use both packs, but a good yeast at normal temps and %alc should only need one pack.

thanks for that.. primed it up before hand to get it hungry and active, and presto it was furiously fermenting away in a matter of a few hours.

you'll enjoy seeing how fast the US-05 chews through it too huisbrouwen. keep it around 18 degrees for a nice clean ferment.

Back