How Much Do You Consume?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVZOOM

Reaction score
All,

I'm pretty new here and notice that it seems like some people brew a LOT of beer. Now, I drink around a case a fortnight or so, maybe a little more - but I found myself last night trying to finish the last of my Corona keg so I could put a fresh one into the keg fridge.

So, my consumption has probably gone up to 1 case per week. I've set myself some rules, however:

- Must have 2 night per week when I don't drink at all
- If I have a beer mid-week, I must have either gone to the gym or gone for a run

I used to limit myself to Fri/Sat/Sun nights - but that's just silly - I can't see the harm in having 1 or 2 beers a few times a week.

So the question(s) are:

- How much do you go through?
- Do you impose restrictions on yourself?

Cheers - Mike

MVZOOM,

Like you I always have 2 alcohol free days a week; usually Monday & Tuesday.
The only other restriction I put on myself is I don't drink after I've fallen over;
spill too much. Just kidding. :D

I suspect I probably go through between 1 to 2 slabs a week. I've never worked it out because I'd rather not know. :lol:

Cheers

I would have to say I consume to much but not enough. I guess about a Keg a week or two.

I try to keep off the beers on a Monday Wednesday. Doing this has slowed my consumption down a bit and allows a keg to survive upwards of three weeks.

So sad really, but it is just so tasty.... hmmmm :beerbang:

Cheers

HK :chug:

Yall, bunch of woosies ! ;)
Beer everyday or die !
Tufen up. And the gym? ? ;)

:beerbang:
:p

homebrewworld.com said:
Yall, bunch of woosies ! ;)
Beer everyday or die !
Tufen up. And the gym? ? ;)

:beerbang:
:p
[post="117265"][/post]​
gyms the bloke in the corner store isnt he
beer is the gods nectar and should be consumed every day. btw homekegger1 dont listen to the lectures at work they lie

Between 2 and 4 pints a night. Usually have Sunday and Monday nights off of it.

I have been brewing my beer to have a bit less alcohol in it.

A keg lasts betweem 1 and 4 weeks depending on how good the brew is thats in it.

I always drink sensibly - I only ever have one at a time! ;)

However now that my brews are getting better I am running at about 12 longnecks a week.

I do shift work which has no regular pattern, so I drink when I can.

So alcohol-free days do pop up, just when I get onto a good job and they have free-alcohol events my poor ol liver cops a hiding. Used to recover in a day, last bender took 2 days to feel relatively normal again. :blink:

But free booze, whatever you please... whatcha gonna do? :party:

I go to the gym most days if I am not doing a brew :) and need [read love] a beer or three after, is part of my diet :blink: .
Old habits die hard :p

Edit: don't post after the gym or brewing <_<

_cid_003401c6369f_af5b1600_0201a8c0_john.gif

I gave up beer once. It was the worst hour of my life!

Seriously though, I usually have a couple of stubbies a night; sometimes more. I had an alcohol free day last Saturday, but unfortunately made up for it on Sunday. Note to self: try harder!

I would be averaging around 4 to 5 stubbies per day,with at least 2 days free.In a good session,around 15 or 16 stubbies. :chug:

Probably 5 pints a week on average. Usually have a pint before dinner, and, rarely, another one after. Pretty poor compared to some of you guys!!. My kegs can last up to 6 weeks. However, my 3.8-4% bitters can sometimes "disappear" in a few weeks!!

3 or 4 longnecks a night and double that on Sat and Sun :blink:
(batch a week)
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Was crook a few weeks ago and didnt have a beer for 7 days - bloody awful! Didnt know what was worse being ill or not having a beer!

usually 6 schooners (425 ml) / week night.

8 on a weekend day.

Sonetimes more

rarley less

AFD is a swear word in this house, the walls shook and the 800 lobgnecks in the garage rattled when i read it :)

I usually drain a 50 liter keg in 4 to 5 weeks pluss a long neck of something stronger each night.

I do believe i posted what i used to dring years ago in the "star hangover " thread.

LOTS. Too much actually.

cheers

around a brew (24L) a fortnight, that includes some weekend beers but mainly commercial beer is consumed out and about in the pubs weekends.
i always have a beer weeknights when i cook and usually another after dinner.
i also get quite a bit of exercise done, which gives me that false sense of being. i ride to and from work.... 200km a week, surf a few mornings and on the weekend.
Drink up i say.!!!

At least 3 long necks a week night.( does not include 1-2 schooners of coopers after work if possible)

At least 3 nites include a bottle of red with the missus

Weekens are a different ball game. Brew days require about 6-8 longnecks.

on average - 6 schooners per night.
2 alcohol free days a month!

Latest posts

Back