How Much Beer Do You Drink A Week?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Variable, dependent on weather, mood and supply. My standard drinking glass at home is a UK pint glass and it gets filled 7-15 times a week with my own beer. This doesn't include some excellent homebrewed & exotic commercial stuff once a month with some fellow avid brewers. I'm happy with this volume, but my family Dr is less so.

Rgds,
Peter

Was just wondering if drinking habits are changing?

lol nice post recycling :)

For me, generally have about 4 - 5 300ml glasses a night, every night, including weekends.

If I go out or someone comes over on a weekend, then my consumption picks up to and can (usually does) enter double figures (10+ glasses).

If I drink with aspro, then it usually ends up messy.

My standard glass is 425ml and I'd have 2 per night except for Tuesday where I'll have 5-6 after playing squash and then 1 AFD on Wednesday to make up for it because I've been half asleep all day at work.

Usually 5-6 schooners a night
A 18 litre keg seems to last 3 days or so at my house

Franko

Been drinking a fair bit recently, 3 schooners most nights which is nearly double my usual consumption...so this would be 15-20 schooners per week. Must be stressing out.

(might) need to cut it back a bit. No wonder Im brewing something every couple of weeks!

Usually 5-6 schooners a night
A 18 litre keg seems to last 3 days or so at my house

Franko

same here 5-6 schooners a night....double that on weekends. :chug:

My standard glass is 425ml and I'd have 2 per night except for Tuesday where I'll have 5-6 after playing squash and then 1 AFD on Wednesday to make up for it because I've been half asleep all day at work.

What is it about squash that makes you ruin the exercise afterwards? :lol:

I drink 3 stubbies on average on weeknights, with a few more on the weekend from time to time. I've been trying to have those 2 AFDs a week, but as Thommo says, sometimes the world conspires to make that impossible. ;)

What is it about squash that makes you ruin the exercise afterwards? :lol:

I call it my rapid rehydration scheme because squash really makes you sweat. :p

Unfortunately science doesn't back me up on this as alcohol deydrates but don't tell the missus that! :D

Im currently trying to build up my HB stock so i can have one Long neck a nite. Its hard trying not to drink beers that are only just carbed up, and still green, its bloody hard! Dan murphys will see me through :)

I don't count. I'm trying to enjoy life in the 30's while I can :D

I dont drink that much. Anywhere from a longneck in a week to about 6 longnecks in a week. Sometimes I will tie one on, when mates are over, but cause I dont have too many drinking partners round these parts, I only have a beer 2 or 3 nights a week, and usually only a stubby, sometimes a longneck. Shame on me for not drinking enough. When I was a younger tacker, I used to drink a dozen stubbies a night, 5 nights a week. I'm only 31 now, but cant keep up the pace anymore!
I findmy mood really helps things though. If I have some mates over, and we are having a good night, I can drink 8 or 10 schooners and feel fine in the morning. If I am drinking by myself for no apparent reason, 2 schooners and I feel a bit rough in the morning. Go figure.
All the best
Trent

I have been trying to cut down a bit of late. I am doing my best to stick to only one or two cans a week :rolleyes: of course my cans hold 18 litres each :lol: .

\Cheers and "BREW ON :super:

Ever since I finished my bar, the consumption increased. Too easy to pour a schooner off tap, then when it was getting close to empty I'd fill up again. I learnt from my travels in the north of the UK that you never completely finish your beer until youre ready to leave. Then again, these are the same guys that will fill up the same pint glass >14 times a night, 7 nights a week... :excl:
So after realising that I was 'topping up' my glass a bit much - I had to give up. Give up counting that is...
At a guess - maybe 4 schooners in total 5 nights a week. Weekends - hmmm not too sure.. At least double it.
Geez a quick count and I'm at 36 schooners a week! :chug:
Its the satisfaction of brewing that makes me drink.. ;)

Don't......or CAN'T, Duff-er?
Has it really got that bad?

Here's a link that might help:
www.aa.org.au

Pete
:)

How did I know you'd pipe up with something? <_<

Give in Pete. Buy yourself a filter and you too can be turning over your stocks faster as you won't have to let them drop bright to take a nice piccy :lol:

BM.

I average 2 middies per day, but a few AFD days creep in there too.
Cheers
Gerard

Hahaha!! :lol: This thread's like a confessional box.

FWIW around 20 pints a week and proud of it. :super:

Celebrate yer addiction. :beerbang:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back