How Much Beer Do You Drink A Week?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One tallie most nights sometimes two - some AFD's happen (unplanned)

weekdays it's 1 x 325 mL glass, Friday/Saturday it's 2-3 glasses.

that's about where I've found a balance between pleasure and belt size

thats very wise mate :)

i have a schedule as well. Alltho me being a tree climber/lopper my intensity of physical movement will change from week to week depending on what size jobs i have. So when i have a easy week at work i put on weight and when i have a hard week i lose weight.

i dont change my schedule of beer drinking,i just aim to get the bigger jobs that way i dont get to heavy to pull myself up a tree. :D

see youve gotta plan around ya beer drinking lol. :huh: I think i do have a problem after reading this :unsure:

1 x 500mL glass 2-3 times a week, a few more on Fri and Sat nights...

Also started having mid stregth as an option for the waist....

M

My addiction is the comfortably numb stage. Sometimes it's there after a pint, other times it takes several...

I probably average 2-3 pints per night with an attempt at an alcohol-free day (it hurts to type that) each week. Quite often my alcohol free days involve a pint or two though.

Go figure!

for me,4-5 longnecks a night
10 years ago with a longneck for lunch would have been 6-10/day
i am glad i do not shear sheep out in the outback anymore,but the memories are priceless.
hard to keep track when you have the kegs i have found,not that i GAF
cheers

I'd be lucky to finish 3 schooners in a night... then again my beers lately have been averaging 6% ABV

I don't mind, it's nice being able to get a buzz off a schooner, if i drank any more i'd start getting back on the slippery slope of tolerance

Probably about 5L a week i'd say, that makes about 250L a year which is still above the average Aussie consumption of about 110L of beer per year - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...tion_per_capita (Luckily i beat the Czechs as well!)

I just went and bought 3 carlton draught long necks for 11 bucks because my beer is sadly still fermenting.

I hate when I run out of beer and have to wait weeks for new stuff.

I'd say on average a longneck a night, and 2-3 longnecks on the weekend.
Try to sneak in a couple of AFD's a week, but you know how it is.

Trying to get back into sharing a bottle o wine with the wife here and there - makes my stock in the garage last longer.

1 longneck per night and maybe a sneaky extra on the weekend.
refer to notes in the "are you an alcoholic" thread.

Steve

I'd be lucky to finish 3 schooners in a night... then again my beers lately have been averaging 6% ABV

I don't mind, it's nice being able to get a buzz off a schooner, if i drank any more i'd start getting back on the slippery slope of tolerance

Probably about 5L a week i'd say, that makes about 250L a year which is still above the average Aussie consumption of about 110L of beer per year - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...tion_per_capita (Luckily i beat the Czechs as well!)

Those per capita rates include men, women and children, I think. I make up for my three kids and the Mrs helps a little to keep us up there.

Then again, I wonder if our homebrew production is included in those stats? We could probably climb a position or two...

Those per capita rates include men, women and children, I think. I make up for my three kids and the Mrs helps a little to keep us up there.

I used to drink my kids share as well PostModern, dedicated as I am to maintaining Oz's position in the world of beer consumption - without doing myself physcial harm,

Unfortunatey they are now grown up and are both big beer drinkers. Proud of my girls as they love good beer including Dad's home brew - though that may have something to do with the price!

Question is where does this place me? I no longer have a "beer consumption trading" arrangement. Do I build up negative credits until grandchilden arrive? And how does this effect global warming?

I'll have a beer whilst I ponder my situation.

Cheers
Dave

Really depends on the day i've had, which probably isn't a good sign, but generally from 2-4 brews a weeknight, and 6+ on weekends.
Probably works out to be a case a week.

i don't drink anywhere near enough beer in the winter. i'm not big on big stouts and the like, so i switch to red wine or whisky.

I appear to have changed my drinking habits recently. Due to having to pick up kids after they finish work on Thursday night and intermittent shopping (my wife insists I go, maybe because I'm the only person in the house with a license) on Wednesday night, I've been having two AFD's per week. Still, with the case swap I'm more than making up for that on the weekend.

Depends what I have on tap... when I brew some new creation I may have a litre of it at night.

I'd average 3 to 5 litres a week though... Last few weeks have been 2 to 3 litres though.

I just went and bought 3 carlton draught long necks for 11 bucks because my beer is sadly still fermenting.

I hate when I run out of beer and have to wait weeks for new stuff.

You need to learn to shedule your brewing based on your consumption! :D ;)

refer to notes in the "are you an alcoholic" thread.

LOL I reckon anyone who has to strive for an AFD obviously has a problem :p . I reckon just go with the flow.

Resurrected thread again I see and it was you Steve who resurrected it last time :)

Had a read of my last post in here in June.

Since then I have moved over to All Grain and my consumption has doubled. The beer tastes so friggin good that I'll easily knock back about 4 or 5 middies a night.

Also the job I am in now includes a couple of blokes who really like to knock back the decent beers, so we are often going out at lunch or late in the week for more beers.

Bugger having an AFD after a blinder. Gotta jump right back on that horse I say!!!! :D

Mind you, after 3 longnecks of Carlton Shaught the next batch of your own brew will taste oh-so much better!

Scoff if you will but I reckon
a few long stubbies of just about anything made in Australia and your own brew will taste better.

There's such a thing as vigneron's palate, I guess there's brewer's palate too.

Latest posts

Back