How Many Kegs Can I Fit ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsomeguy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well it looks like the chest freezer has crapped itself and SWMBO hasn't said 'no' to the purchase of another freezer.

I'm looking at something to hold 6 kegs at around the 200 litre mark. My dead freezer was 200 litre. I've found the following and want to know whether others have these freezers and how many kegs they are managing to get in there.

Fisher & Paykel 216 litre.
Westinghouse 210 litre.

I've tried to find the Centrex 200L models here in Perth but they don't appear to be available any more. They were a much cheaper option than the the more 'popular' brands.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

gary

Checkout the good guys if you have one over that way. They are who stock them over this way. Surely they are still around

F&P216 slimline hold 4 with gas outside

Checkout the good guys if you have one over that way. They are who stock them over this way. Surely they are still around

GoodGuys was who I have spoken to so far over here. They were the ones who indicated that the Centrex models were no longer available.

gary

F&P216 slimline hold 4 with gas outside

Thanks. Are the kegs staggered on one of those ? By staggered I mean that each row of kegs is offset between the next row.

Staggered would be something like below.
-X X
--X X

Thanks,

gary

If you want to fit 6 in a 200L you would probably need a collar. I have a 300L that only just fits 6 in, leaving the hump spare for a drain bucket and a water bucket for flooding purposes.

Someone posted a picture of a K-mart sourced chest freezer that looked identical to the Centrex 200L model. My centrex will hold 4 without the collar and with a >180mm collar, another 2 on the compressor hump.

Someone posted a picture of a K-mart sourced chest freezer that looked identical to the Centrex 200L model. My centrex will hold 4 without the collar and with a >180mm collar, another 2 on the compressor hump.

Yea, I was looking at the Centrex because of price and the fact that, with a collar, I could get 6 kegs in there. The only problem appears to be that tracking down a Centrex in Perth could be a problem. If I was still in Melbourne it wouldn't have been a problem. The move to Perth probably buggered up the old freezer anyway.

gary

Gary,

My design - just finding time to build it...

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&id=12696

Yea, I was looking at the Centrex because of price and the fact that, with a collar, I could get 6 kegs in there. The only problem appears to be that tracking down a Centrex in Perth could be a problem. If I was still in Melbourne it wouldn't have been a problem. The move to Perth probably buggered up the old freezer anyway.

gary

Looks like a nice design you've done there JSB, I'd suggest moving the taps closer to the front if possible though so they don't hit the wall as easily when you open the lid.

KGB,

The chesty is on wheels so I can move when I open...the Font is there so I can get all the lines and glycol lines to flex above the chesty lid....

Cheers
Jason

Back