How Many Fridges Have You Got?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many beer fridges do you have?

• None :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
1x food fridge
1x keg fridge + hops and yeast
1x fermenting fridge/ccing probably need 1 more to cc seperatly
1x 2xkeg coolroom panel esky for camping/functions that I'm goin to fit my old 3 way camping fridge
internals to for portabilty.

1 Kitchen Food/Beer fridge/freezer
2 Fermenting/Conditioning 400L Upright All-fridges (TempMate controlled)
1 5 Keg 4 Tap Upside-down Fridge and Yeast Store with Integrated Hop/Vodka Freezer
1 Chest Freezer Food/Starters
1 Gas Fridge/Freezer for freezing ice blocks while camping for Jockey Box

6?

And a beer barrel Jockey Box for Said Ice Blocks ;)

For some reason I read this thread as "How Many Fingers Have You Got?" weird :lol:

Well while I'm here:

1 Fermenting Fridge
1 Garage Beer fridge
2 Food / Beer fridges

Would love to convert the Garage fridge into a Kegerator but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Getting out of control......this is the man cave + one upstairs.....kegerator is the middle fridge

View attachment 51065

Damn HQRacer, fridge city :p

Food fridge,
Drinks fridge,
Wine cooler,
Kegerator,
2 x ferment fridges.

In a 2 bedroom apartment.

Who is the lucky bastards with 9? And how much is being pumped out a week? Christ... I have 2 in use currently with 92lt happily (i hope) fermenting... Phaaark thats ALOT of fridge...

Photos or ya makin it up :D

can anyone tell me if a side by side fridge freezer would have a similar energy use to a stand alone fridge? They both run off the same compressor yeah? just maybe runs a bit more often?

Im feeling the need to upgrade one of my fridges so as to have more storage space for hops/Yeast etc..

anyone done the numbers on one of these side by side units?

Yob

2 x fermentation/conditioning fridges
1 x chest freezer converted to a bar style kegarator with font and taps
1 x wine fridge
1 x food Fridge
1 x camping car fridge

Love a good fridge

can anyone tell me if a side by side fridge freezer would have a similar energy use to a stand alone fridge? They both run off the same compressor yeah? just maybe runs a bit more often?

Im feeling the need to upgrade one of my fridges so as to have more storage space for hops/Yeast etc..

anyone done the numbers on one of these side by side units?

Yob

We've got one of those big LG ones, about 5 years old, with ice maker etc..
Measured the usage the other day over a week and it's just under 2kwh a day, bloody expensive compared to my normal fridges. Not sure if that's a standard for those sort of fridges or if it's just because of the kids are constantly opening them.

If you want to run it of a stc1000 and ferment in the fridge part then it might not be the best idea to keep your hops or whatever in the freezer as they will definately thaw.

Am not a big fan of stand up freezers anyway as all the cold air escapes as soon as you open the door as opposed to a chesty.

EDIT: five fridges two freezer

thanks mate, plan is to use it as the dedicated CC fridge but might have to do a re-think.

:icon_cheers:

After bringing home fridge number 8 yesterday i realised i may have a problem :)

so heres goes....how many fridges/freezers have you got in your collection?

you can count your kitchen fridge, but only if you are allowed to put beer in it.

You might be right about having a problem, but it looks like you are in the right place because it looks like we all have the same addiction to refridgeration!!! :icon_cheers:

I didn't realise that I had the problem either until I just did a quick tally and I only included the fridges that currently contain beer..... :blink:

In the house
1 x Fridge in kitchen (allowed beer in it)
1 x Beer fridge in garage

In the shed
1 x Fermenting fridge (fits 2 x 30lt FVs)
1 x Lagering Fridge
1 x Beer fridge
1 x 50lt Waeco

And I reckon if I just had one more in the shed I would be right. :icon_chickcheers:

1 house fridge
1 garage fridge
1 garage bar fridge
1 shed side by side beer/starter/yeast/hops
1 garage all fridge for fermenting
1 garage chest freezer - newly built collar for kegging
1 garage fridge/freezer for bottle conditioning...not plugged in...only freezer works...
Have to swap temp controllers between ferment & keg fridges until I get another...this will start to annoy me very quickly...
7 all up and 6 having a purpose for beer...cant wait for these solar panels to be installed!

And I reckon if I just had one more in the shed I would be right. :icon_chickcheers:

Well, wouldn't you know it.....just today I have stumbled across another fridge!!! One that the owner doesn't currently have a use for and I can use it until they require it again, which doesn't look like being any time soon!!! :party:

Nothing special about the food and beer fridge in the kitchen.

I was pretty happy about this score at work the other day. The price was just right if you get my drift.
(Pic to follow as soon as I can figure out the gallery function. Sorry to be a tease.)

Bromic shop style bottle fridge.

ooh I like the new "Delete My Vote" button... can update my numbers

2 Freezers, (3 if you include the side by side)

4 fridges, 1 food and 3 for brewing related activities..

the side by side discussed above, Ive turned into my Kegerator.. fits 4 cornies in the bottom and I can still CC a batch in the top leaving the other 2 beer fridges free most of the time.

In "the brewery" (double garage with bar + couches):

1 fermenting fridge
1 four tap keg fridge
1 stubby fridge

Inside the smallest of the four fridges is a half and half fridge/freezer split, yes I'm allowed to have the odd six pack or long neck in there :)

QldKev said:
I'm down to 7 since we moved, got sick of loading them onto the trailer. :huh:
After buying a power consumption meter and watching the usage, I'm down to ~4 now.
House
Kegerator - in house
Keg maturing / hop storage
Fermenting - holds 3 fermenters

But I still have one I gave away a few months back waiting for the person to pick it up. So I'm using it a 20c to store a weisse, which works out pretty good. At 20c it keeps the weisse nice and stable and uses bugger all power.
And a chest freezer that I don't count as it's not plugged in, it's only used for vermin proof grain storage.

Overall our 2 pc's (gaming spec) are using more power than all the fridges combined.
The 4 fridges above use $340 a year
The 2 computers are using $610 a year (just my son's computer is using $410 of it)

QldKev

In SEQ I had a kitchen fridge (fairly new Mitsubishi), 2 kegmates, one strictly for fermenting and one with a font, and two big monster free fridge freezers for hop storage and lagering.

I gave away the monsters and in my new location I have the two kegmates, a new Fusher and Paykull big bugger for the kitchen and the Mitsubishi is now the hops, yeast and lagering fridge.
So with four late model fridges our first power bill here in NSW was a bit lower than our last QLD bill, despite power being more exxie here and also having air con here.

Amusing story haha

When I first started brewing again the stepdaughter had an old disgusting fridge in the car port covered with rust and graffiti - I needed a dead fridge so I wheeled it round to our place up the street to use it as a fermenter with ice bottles swapped in and out. I decided to remove the motor, compressor and the radiator grid at the back to tidy it up and remove cockroach spots.
On sawing into the main pipe I got a huge whoosh of gas.

Daughter said "why did you do that? the fridge worked just fine".

Stux said:
1 Kitchen Food/Beer fridge/freezer
2 Fermenting/Conditioning 400L Upright All-fridges (TempMate controlled)
1 5 Keg 4 Tap Upside-down Fridge and Yeast Store with Integrated Hop/Vodka Freezer
1 Chest Freezer Food/Starters
1 Gas Fridge/Freezer for freezing ice blocks while camping for Jockey Box

6?

And a beer barrel Jockey Box for Said Ice Blocks ;)
Thinking of upgrading to a 500L food chesty, then turning the current 200 something litre one into a cold keg store.

I have.
1 kegerator
1 upright freezer built into a Large cabinet with different chambers for ales largers and cold crashing.
And the main house fridge is also aloud beer in it.
So a total of 3 for brewing.

The one in the kitchen.

Upright freezer with STC-1000 for temp control, can fit two 30L fermenters or four 25L jerry cans.

Fridge freezer for lagering and hop/yeast storage.

120L vehicle fridge (12/240V) running off the mains for beer storage.

Back