How Many Fridges Have You Got?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many beer fridges do you have?

• None :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Nick you mean a fridge full of condiments haha, total bachelor fridge.

Haven't been a bachelor for 8 years.

Wouldn't marry a woman who didn't let me carve up the kitchen fridge and put kegs in it!

The Mrs puts spring onions down the gap between the kegs. :D

In the last 6 months I've had 2 fridges and a chesty die on me, and they were free to dump at the local tip as was all old white goods. Now they charge $15.00 for old fridges and freezers because someone comes and removes the gas from them. Interesting thing is most fridges are dumped because they have lost their gas. :lol:

I'm on the look out for another fridge or two.

Batz

anyone wanting to get rid of old whitegoods should take em to the scrap metal yard, you usually get 10-15 bucks for em, i sort all my dump stuff now..

oops back on topic...

Kitchen fridge (holds longies and hops quite often)
ferment fridge (becomes 2nd food fridge at xmas - last brew til jan in there now)
keezer is a converted chest freezer
food chest freezer (which has been known to become a 2nd keezer at party times)

as for power bills.... 3 out of my 4 sit in sheds so not ideal temp locations... i havent noticed a massive upturn in power bills due to beer fridges, or maybe i refuse to? :D

anyone wanting to get rid of old whitegoods should take em to the scrap metal yard, you usually get 10-15 bucks for em, i sort all my dump stuff now..

You don't know where I live cobber.

Food fridge upstairs, beer fridge downstairs, plus a small commercial icecream fridge with STC1000 for fermenting/CCing.

Freezer in "my" fridge is for hops, spare dried yeast (for emergencies) and other meat that doesn't fit in the food fridge's freezer.

Goomba

1 x food fridge
1 400 ltr bar fridge (kegerator)
1 conditioning fridge
1 fermenting fridge
1 deep freeze
1 waeco 60ltr
1 waeco 240v 40lt
1 3 way camp fridge
and a partridge in a pear tree :eek:
thank god for solar panels :D

3 Fermenting Fridges
1 Conditioning Chesty
1 Beer Fridge
1 Food (and some beer) fridge

:)

Voted 4, then realised I'd forgotten one

2 Fermenting Fridges
1 Small freezer for hops and the like
1 Keg fridge
1 Keg Freezer that I plan to stick the font on and get rid of the other beer fridge... but I don't think it's going to happen.

And a coolroom would still be well utilised !

1 x food & upstairs beers
1 x kegerator (upstairs)
1 x beer/wine/softdrinks fridge
1 x beer/keg fridge
1 x fermenting fridge
1 x spare (extra cold storage when required, eg lagering)

We're a two-person household and the first four fridges run constantly - our combined gas/electricity usually comes in under $400/quarter.

Cheers,
tallie

1 x kegerator (upstairs)
1 x beer/keg fridge
1 x fermenting fridge

We're a two-person household and the first four fridges run constantly - our combined gas/electricity usually comes in under $400/quarter.

Cheers,
tallie

Serious? $400 a quarter.....shit, i'm moving to QLD.

I have a big fermenting/conditioning fridge, my 500lt keezer which does kegs, bottles, hops and yeast storage too. A fridge in the kitchen plus the usual appliances. We also have a spa. Oh, and our hot water service is electric.....

Our last quarter power bill for ELECTRICITY ONLY was $990! Our gas bill was around $275-300 IIRC. It's getting ridiculous the price of power.

No the price of power to house holds is getting rediculous. Industry is paying around 4-5c kw hour - or about 1/5-1/4 of house hold prices

Yep, I installed solar panels about 4 years ago because the cost of power was getting extreme. I am currently running 4 fridges and 3 freezers and my last power bill for 60 days was $75... credit. Gotta love that!

Everytime the power bill arrives my wife brings up "all your fridges" thingy again :(

Put one of them volt-meter type KWH counters on it... unless you're scared about the answer ;)

1 x kegerator (upstairs)
1 x beer/keg fridge
1 x fermenting fridge

Cheers,
tallie

And how many computers? If you're like me "a few" :p

Our last quarter power bill for ELECTRICITY ONLY was $990! Our gas bill was around $275-300 IIRC. It's getting ridiculous the price of power.

Wow, I guess it literally does pay not to have a pool/spa, nor use the A/C, TV and generally watch the usage! Mind you, I would have thought my all electric brewery would have put my usage more in line with others' usage.

And how many computers? If you're like me "a few" :p

Only one laptop that runs 24/7. The two other lappy's are only used a couple hours a day.

Cheers,
tallie.

after seeing the poll results I think I can convince the SWMBO that I "need" another brew fridge, after all I do pay the power bill

I go 50/50 in my brewery expenses/beer, but the trade off is that I do all the thinking, researching, learning etc and my partner houses all the equipment. I am married, he is single. It works out rather advantageous for us both.

We have a fermenting fridge, a lagering fridge and a freezer that was intended for lagering, but upon arriving was found to have the refrigerant lines integrated in the shelves. :( It also has a bar fridge, which will become a keggerator soon and an old fridge/freezer with the same destiny. It looks like a whitegoods warehouse.

Voted for 4:

1: Fridge/Freezer in kitchen for food, beer and wine for SWMBO;
2: 570L fridge in garage for kegs, yeast and commercial beer;
3: Temp controlled bar fridge for fermentation; and
4: 3 door display fridge that needs new gas before it will become the dedicated beer fridge.

Also keep hops in the chest freezer in the garage as well.

Getting out of control......this is the man cave + one upstairs.....kegerator is the middle fridge

IMG_1050.JPG

Back