How Do You Guys Clear Your Beer Lines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caustic + CO2 = implosion.Generally this is only a problem in brewery size applications but a good point to raise.
GB

Probably more a problem in large vessels that are not designed to take pressure. I'd be surprised if a pressure vessel rated to take 130PSI would implode from a mere ~1atm pressure difference (vacuum).

I used to get heaps of black floaties from my old kegorator taps. They were the fridge mounting ones with the twist top handle.Perhaps its the way they seal, used to get a lot of black sh*t just up inside the nozzle.
I have never had a floaty since i have had the new font and DA Taps..
(perhaps they seal/drain better, or maybe its because they are now inside.)

Sqyre... ;)

I usually clean my kegs as soon as they run empty so once I rinse out all the sediment I put in about a 2ltr idophor/water solution, connect it all up again, flush the liquid from the keg up the dip tube, through the beer line, out the tap and then purge the line with a bit of C02.

Probably more a problem in large vessels that are not designed to take pressure. I'd be surprised if a pressure vessel rated to take 130PSI would implode from a mere ~1atm pressure difference (vacuum).

Still :icon_offtopic: but any thin-walled stainless conical or cylindrical vessels will handle outward pressure much better than they handle inward pressure. I wouldn't be surprised at all by any brewing vessel imploding under a vaccum.

Hi,

I follow Chris Knights advice from his 4 part kegging clips on Youtube. I downloaded the clips and follow the same procedure.

Haven't had any problems.

I'm sure that you will find a way that works for you.

Cheers,

K

Whenever i foinish a keg i have to wash that keg anyway... so i clean it by adding hot water and napisan and shaking, and then pressurise it and squirt it out of the taps, then i stop and emty and rinse the keg, put some water and starsan in, pressurise and run through the tap.. empty keg, fill with new brew, run half a pint out and tip into sink and we are all happy

keg and line cleaner

Same, I use "Custom Care" Professional Services Beer line cleaner, 1 to 40 parts water, then flush with water.
This subject was talked about in the "Beer Taps, Will the beer go sour in tap?" Link

That's shithouse man...how did you drink your beer like that? :blink:

I used to get heaps of black floaties from my old kegorator taps. They were the fridge mounting ones with the twist top handle.Perhaps its the way they seal, used to get a lot of black sh*t just up inside the nozzle.
I have never had a floaty since i have had the new font and DA Taps..
(perhaps they seal/drain better, or maybe its because they are now inside.)

Sqyre... ;)

Latest posts

Back