Hot Weather Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muga, I am going to bottle it today cant wait to give it a try was great out of primary .

Did you get the Ventmatics going have you a pic

Pumpy

I bought two of those 100 can coolers today at KMart Castle Hill. They are on special for $16.99.

I picked up a 320L chest freezer today and going to be building it tomorrow, still need to build a bar but for now I'll just mount it on the top of the freezer with a drip tray and put it on some lockable wheels so it can be made mobile.

I have tried out the Ventmatics as a trial but it seems to be very frothy, what kPA is everyone serving at with Ventmatic taps? I have mine set around the 60-80kPA mark.

muga said:
I have tried out the Ventmatics as a trial but it seems to be very frothy, what kPA is everyone serving at with Ventmatic taps? I have mine set around the 60-80kPA mark.
[post="90069"][/post]​

I have mine set at 80kpa, but I also have inline flow restrictors.

Beers,
Doc

I am starting to get desperate for a fermentation fridge\freezer. My first porter (With British Ale 1098) just went into secondary at 28 deg c, with the thermometer measuring 24 in the coolest spot I can find. It's (The temp) been like this for days now. No sign of a fermentation fix until Febuary at least. I am seriously thinking of shutting the Sip & Slurp Cordial Co. down until the end of summer :( . What a bummer. Got to start looking around for a dry or liquid yeast that will see me out ale-wise till I get my fridge\freezer.

:beer:

[quote
now time for a NT / Tropical brewing question - I'm slowly getting all the kit together for AG (found a burner today for the kettle, urn for the HLT and decided to buy the copper for the (esky) mash tun manifold (mate came thru with the SS tube but no fittings and no TIG welding - a few calls later - big $$$'s to get it all done v's $25 for copper tube and a dozen fittings (spares) - no brainer really).
I'm now looking for a cooler. Was considering a chiller from Morebeer (WC90 : Chillus Convolutus) - what are your recommendation give Darwin tap water temps would be similar to yours up there in ALand?
cheers
nt
:beer:
[/quote]

ok ntboozer here is what you need to do to get your darwin water down to an acceptable wort cooling temp.
get yourself a spare esky and a spare copper coil.place the coil into the esky and fill with ice and run the tap water through this then into the wort cooler if you are immersing the copper coil into the wort at the 15min mark.it works as a pre chiller and brings the tap temp down real well.
batz has posted some pics on here somewhere im not to sure where.batz used the same setup when he resided in the northwest and it worked well as does my setup.
if you have trouble finding the pics let me no and i can take some shots of my set up.

cheers
big d

The weather where I am is getting quite hot (Summer will do that). What I do is have about 8-10 PET softdrink bottles in the freezer that I rotate through my brew cupboard. The inside of my shed has been up to 38 deg and my brew has sat at about 22 deg. The thing with this method is that you have to rotate the ice bottles before and after work and stick with it. The cupboard has to also have some form of insulation - that is if you have a cupboard - and you have to have some form of drip trays for tthe condensation. I use chinese plastic contaners.

Stephen

well i am low on the beer two
i live in pt pirie and man it get hot up here in summer last year we had 2 weeks at 39-45 deg c in the shade and it was dry as a nuns nasty. so i am now convinced to get a freezer and convert it to a fermentaion fride for summer .
so my question is temp controllers .is the jacar one suitable and will it handle the start cycle of the compressor? duty cycle should not be a problem .
and what is the best temp to set and hold at ???

thanks in advance DELBOY :beerbang:

This summer I'm thinking of just using the yeast that comes with the kits. It works well at higher temperatures. I've got hundreds of packets just stocked up in my cupboard. I don't have a fermentation fridge and can't be knackered packing the fermenter with ice every day. I'm just gonna have to cut the quality of my beer.

Get a non-working fridge, should be able to get one for nothing - they keep their temperature fairly constant. If it's getting to high it wont take long to put an ice brick in the bottom.

If you don't have room in the house, leave it outside..

Back