Hospitality Hose Sinks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struzball

Reaction score
I remember back to the days I worked at domino's pizza and the awesome hose/tap/sprayer that hung from the ceiling I used to wash up all the equipment.

Does anybody know what it takes to get a hold of one of those?

I have a nice big sink in my laundry but a really difficult tap that I need to tilt the carboy just right to get it under, and my other carboy just won't fit under.

It would probably be prohibitively expensive, but I was wondering if anybody actually uses one, or maybe something that does a similar job like a flexi shower head.

Check out the thread 'Doc's new brau haus'. It's in gear and equipment. He's got one of these hoses but it is a new build. He may know if you can retrofit.

I remember back to the days I worked at domino's pizza and the awesome hose/tap/sprayer that hung from the ceiling I used to wash up all the equipment.

I have a nice big sink in my laundry but a really difficult tap that I need to tilt the carboy just right to get it under, and my other carboy just won't fit under.

It would probably be prohibitively expensive, but I was wondering if anybody actually uses one, or maybe something that does a similar job like a flexi shower head.

Hi struzball,

I live in Orange NSW and the local recycling bloke had the whole kit and caboodle in stainless steel for about $600 odd, from memory the bench was about 3 or so metres long 600? deep with a nice deep sink in the middle, I wish I had the room for it in my place otherwise it would have been here.BB

You can get a mixer spray head tap from most plumbing supplies or kitchen stores I have one on my kitchen sink has a retractable hose about 1 metre long Like This for example

Remember, if there is a fire, don't try to put it out with those sorts of sprayers. It never works on TV.

I have one that just has a rubber sock-y thing that grips onto the faucet. Cost less than $10 from K-mart if I recall correctly. Probably doesn't work as well as a plumbed-in one, but mine works fine for washing and filling. Too much pressure, and it shoots off the faucet, making a bit of a mess, but it might hold you through until you get the real deal ;)

Latest posts

Back