Hopslist has launched!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cocko said:
Thanks for doin the hard yards mate :p :lol:

Edit: Better do some on topic - site looks good!
Its OK ...You can swap hands now and I doubt any one would know.

www.hopslist.com/hops/aroma-hops/686-east-kent-golding

Meridian: Full aroma but not powerful or overpowering, sweet, citrus, strawberry, rhubarb, strawberry daiquiri, blended fruit juice, lemon merigue pie.
Not Listed

Looks a great resource. Always more to learn...

Now to index them all by characteristics & a "find a complementary hop" button. Example of a beer that utilises that hop well?

Sorry. Yeah, awesome resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indica86 said:
www.hopslist.com/hops/aroma-hops/686-east-kent-golding
Wow that's weird..... I swear when I looked at the site this morning on Ipad I could only see the Bittering and Dual-Purpose lists....??

Or maybe I need to learn to drink my first morning coffee before I post.......:)
OB

oakburner said:
Wow that's weird..... I swear when I looked at the site this morning on Ipad I could only see the Bittering and Dual-Purpose lists....??

Or maybe I need to learn to drink my first morning coffee before I post....... :)
OB
I haven't been able to do a lot of testing on the ipad (I don't actually have one) so I'll check this out.

Thanks for the feedback guys, any missing varieties and suggestions are all really handy and you can be sure I'm writing just about everything down!

Would it be possible to add some flavour and aroma characteristics as a filed in the table for each hop?

I see that most of the descriptors at the top has some of this info but it might display better and be quicker and easier to find this info at a glance if it was in the table.

For me - I dont think in terms of Aplha or beta Acids and Co-humulone when i try to decide what hops to try. I think..."gee I want a good citrus flavor".

So that detail is just as important as the detaileds specs. The AA figures etc are useful to me later when i am punching numbers into software.

GrumpyPaul said:
Would it be possible to add some flavour and aroma characteristics as a filed in the table for each hop?

I see that most of the descriptors at the top has some of this info but it might display better and be quicker and easier to find this info at a glance if it was in the table.

For me - I dont think in terms of Aplha or beta Acids and Co-humulone when i try to decide what hops to try. I think..."gee I want a good citrus flavor".

So that detail is just as important as the detaileds specs. The AA figures etc are useful to me later when i am punching numbers into software.
Yeah I'm totally with you on that. I've actually had a few others mention this too me via email as well.

A characteristics field is definitely on the to-do list!

Cheers for the new variety too techno, will pop that on my research list. :icon_cheers:

Your "goes well in a" list seems pretty random. Apparently "Bullion" is good for a Doppelbock and nothing else - and yet substitues for Columbus? Super POR is only good for Imperial Pale Ale, whatever that is. Chinook in a lager?

To be honest most of the information on each hop is pretty useless to a brewer. I think you will have to spend some more time going through each hop by hand to make this a valuable resource, rather than just regurgitating grower statistics.

OP, I think you should contact an Admin to get a retailer badge, just so that it's clear to everyone that it's not just pure goodwill that made you create your site, but that you also have a financial interest in people visiting it and ordering through the links provided.

I don't think a retailer badge would make that clear, but it is certainly worth noting.

Back