Hops On The Inside Of My Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross said:
apd said:
[post="120982"][/post]​

Is polyester curtain food safe?
[post="121002"][/post]​

Same material PET bottles are made from, so certainly hope so :) -
[post="121013"][/post]​
[/quote]
Used a hop bag [polyster curtain stuff] for the first time :) found myself putting in more hops in just to make sure :( anyone else done this. Oh! and I boiled it longer also to be sure <_< .

Screwtop said:
Ross,

Is that a pool skimmer basket?

Cheers
[post="121071"][/post]​

Screwtop you may be close I think it is a bag filter in those cylindrical spa filters

Pumpy

Screwtop said:
Ross,

Is that a pool skimmer basket?

Cheers
[post="121071"][/post]​

No, though it looks like one - It's a filter for the colouring in Coca Cola, apparently... I got as a one off, unfortunately, as they make great hop socks...

cheers Ross

This 'Hop Sock' we have never seen before Ross .

Is this another secret development you have witheld from us , whilst you have had us wandering around Spotlight for curtain material when the assistant new full well I was not going to make curtains from them . <_<

This may be the biggest revelation since the 'No Chill method'. :eek:

"The Ross Hop Sock " I going to check if its on the website :)

Pumpy

Has anyone thought of making a suspended wire box-type frame covered with this polyester netting stuff, rather than having the hop-condoms free floating about? The top would be open and above the water line for hop additions, and it could go down a fair way into the wort. Not sure if I've described it very well...

I made a hop sock large enough for my chiller to sit inside of, this keeps the bag open for the hops to move more freely and the top is open to add hops... great for when you have heaps of additions.

Back