Hoppy Days Brewing Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoppyDays said:
Hi fdsaasdf,

Thanks for your feedback.

We haven't received any comments on the dropdown menu before so we will take this on board.

The main reason for this style is that we offer multiple pack amounts with a pricing structure that reflects what volume you order.

Once you have used once it is very easy & simple to use.

Example - you require 4.25 kg Bairds pale ale malt - to select dropdown 1kg - then in text box change to 4.25 & add to cart this calculated 4.25kg,

Please contact us via email if you have any further queries.

HOPPY DAYS
Hi,

That's interesting as I've had friends make similar comments to me about your website, one even said he had an email conversation with you about usability issues a while back...

I completely understand how you want the site to be used but it's not reflective of how I (or others who want to place multiple grain bills in one order) will use the site.

If you offer discounts for volume why not have the website calculate this at the end? As it is now if I want to order multiple recipes, each of which use the same grain, I'm not going to qualify for the discount am I...?

Hi fdsaasdf, thanks for your reply.

The only feedback we have had in the past re a calculating issue has now been investigated & found to be a fault related to PayPal, & is now been updated & complete.

Happy to ake all on board re usability of website if others contact us with similar queries, the more feedback the better. We have made many changes in the past 12 months & this is always ongoing, we look at trying to make to usability as easy as possible for all.

There is many ways of adding a grain bill in.

Ie - you require 10.5kg of BB Ale Malt for 2 X grain bills - add 2.1 X 5kg. You can list individual recipes in grain notes, or when selecting malt type recipe 1 (2.6kg) recipe 2 5 kg etc. alternatively some customers place there malt order & email there grain bill recipes through.

Please let me know how you normally add your grain bills into a website so that it gets made into a recipe.

Happy to look into this in more detail but it could take a little while to investigate the best option depending on website settings / calculating etc.

Steve

HOPPY DAYS

Hi Steve, Thanks for helping me out this morning. Nice to meet you as well and I'm sure we will be doing business again soon. Thanks for a great service. Cheers Tim.

Ordering Grain - We have made ordering grain easier.

Grain is measured in kg - simply add your required amount to text box.

Ie - 2.4 for 2.4kg, 0.32 for 320g etc.

Our pricing remains the same, pricing calculates once you have added qty required.

HOPPY DAYS

US 2015 Hops in Stock

Amarillo
Citra
Centennial
Cascade
El Dorado
Mosaic
Simcoe
Willamette

HOPPY DAYS

Latest posts