Hopburst

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with that hop bill how do you know what contributed to what flavour components
it would appear from reading that you blend all of the hop then weigh in 70 gram lots and add @ 5 min intervals
is this correct

Bingo......

Hahaha, we were only talking about your'e lightning hop additions last night Speedster :rolleyes:

so this hop burst stuff is a hit and miss type of brew day by the sounds of it
what is your take on it nev have you do it or are you just a reader

if i was to undertake a brew that produces something special i would like to repeat it again
from good record keeping
not just throw whatever comes out of the hop kit
[/ quote]

:icon_cheers:

At the late great Chappo's final brew day we all lined up and threw a handful each of random hops into the kettle. Then Chappo lost interest and we all lost touch. Then Raven came up for a visit and while he was at Chap's there was the hopburst IPA still in the fermenter in a fridge after about 2 months :blink: :blink:
I believe it was perfectly sound, they bottled it, I would love to know how it turned out.

bribie that is what i am talking about
it would be a dam shame to knock out a stunner and not be able to nail it again
i have personally put together a batch while consumming not keep notes
smashed by brews end forgot what went in the batch made a really good brew but could not repeat it due to no map to follow next time
so is hopburst brewing repeatable or just a fancy on club or brew days
while a hop head i still like to know what does what
cheers speedie

yeah you have to use those chinese hops some how dont you

bribie that is what i am talking about
it would be a dam shame to knock out a stunner and not be able to nail it again
i have personally put together a batch while consumming not keep notes
smashed by brews end forgot what went in the batch made a really good brew but could not repeat it due to no map to follow next time
so is hopburst brewing repeatable or just a fancy on club or brew days
while a hop head i still like to know what does what
cheers speedie

Like any kind of brew you can record what you do. It might mean more detailed notes than usual but just being a hopburst doesn't mean you can't repeat it.

I have an APA that uses small amounts of hops at very frequent intervals from 25 minutes on (with a small bittering addition at 60 and 45). Nowhere near the near 1/2 kilo of hops mentioned above but lots of additions, all written down so I can repeat it (and have several times).

manticle
from what i am reading in other posts they mix all of there hops into one big batch then wiegh out into say 70 gram lots a fire away
that seems to you a little hit and miss
if you do brew with a lot of hop it apppears that you do follow a set path add wiegh out indiidual amounts
that is how i did my last twenty hop beer and i now think that i will rearange the hop amount and when it is added as i feel that the last batch is slightly on the bitter side of the balance line
cheers speedie

yeah you have to use those chinese hops some how dont you

here is a typical negitive comment from you
where did i mention chinese hops
so just maybe sharpen up a littlle and post so positive comments barls

here is a typical negitive comment from you
where did i mention chinese hops
so just maybe sharpen up a littlle and post so positive comments barls
positive like this
Posted on: Mar 5 2011, 01:11 AM

without being rude what does it feel like being taken through the side enterance?
or like this
Posted on: Feb 11 2011, 12:33 PM
It goes to show how infantile most of you young nerdy readers are

As Dan pointed out in an earlier post you sit behind your little screen and slander at will

Knowing full well that you have enmity

I post something of substance and you respond with school kid remarks

Why dont you try and do some investigation of your own Endeavour

At least I am drinking (really) good beer as judged by others

speedie
or this one
here is more ******* slander
do you get it or what

and my favourite
Posted on: Feb 2 2011, 11:42 PM

Why dont we go to the fiords you twat if I am going to waste an airfare stuff Sydney

To the rest of you f heads post something of substance

Not one (1) of you rooster heads makes sense

Or can discuss with merit ,fuckall
moderatation please
speedie

positive like this

or like this

or this one

and my favourite

fjords.jpg

Because if speedie and I went to the fjords only one would come back?

Kickboxing_KM04_resize.jpg

:lol:

Bjorn

stop being such little boys
i posted on subject enough said

manticle
from what i am reading in other posts they mix all of there hops into one big batch then wiegh out into say 70 gram lots a fire away
that seems to you a little hit and miss
if you do brew with a lot of hop it apppears that you do follow a set path add wiegh out indiidual amounts
that is how i did my last twenty hop beer and i now think that i will rearange the hop amount and when it is added as i feel that the last batch is slightly on the bitter side of the balance line
cheers speedie

speedster,

pretty sure that manticle knows exactly what the term hopburst in relation to this thread means mate...

speedie if you don't want to make a beer with this process then don't, JFC there's no need to even post if you just trying to stir shit up... although I guess that's the point isn't it.

stop being such little boys
i posted on subject enough said
why? are you the only one thats allowed to derail a thread?

im sorry oh brewing god one day ill hope to brew 400L at a time oh hang on i did with croz and the isb boys.
anyway as previously said by fenten, if you dont like the way its done dont brew it but dont sit there and post and bring everyone else down.
back on topic how do you think this will go with german hops.

why? are you the only one thats allowed to derail a thread?

im sorry oh brewing god one day ill hope to brew 400L at a time oh hang on i did with croz and the isb boys.
anyway as previously said by fenten, if you dont like the way its done dont brew it but dont sit there and post and bring everyone else down.
back on topic how do you think this will go with german hops.

not the same effect as usa hop
why dont you try and report back on test

speedie, hopbursting is an entirely repeatable method. Once again, I find myself in the position having to explain to you (hoping against all hope that you might accept it) that the things you don't understand might still be true.

Latest posts

Back