Hop spider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a hop spider that would comfortably fit in a cube

mrsupraboy said:
I was wondering if there is a hop spider that would comfortably fit in a cube
You could use a small hop/grain bag and a length of dental floss.

Here

I made this thermowell for my jerrycan,so you could maybe do something similar but with a tube of mesh.
S1240002.JPGS1240004.JPG

I was hoping for something a bit bigger than the thermowell. I want to be able to pump wart into the cube with out having to slow flow down and catch all the minors the grainfather can't catch. I really want to go stainless as its 10*easier to clean

I well know what you mean I was in a junk shop last week that had a tea/coffee strainer that lifted out of a glass pot, obviously so you could pour boiling water through this and allow your tea leaves/coffee grinds to steep. I almost grabbed it for hop teas but swmbo was there. The size was about right to fit in the top of a cube but I'd say you'd need to empty it a few times when draining a kettle. Failing that there are a few places (yes mostly in the states) doing hop baskets send them an email, you may well have come up with their next big thing.
I'd get one!

MB

Latest posts

Back