• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizome Swap For Williamette

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkman

Reaction score
I have dug up some Cascade, Columbus and hallertau rhizomes which I'd like to swap with someone for a Williamette Rhizomes if anyone can helpout?

Cheers Darko

Hey Darkman ,

Did that Hersbrucker you got last year come to any thing ? I ask as its not on your list . Hopefully because its a first year plant ?

MB (Formerly buster)

Hey Darkman ,

Did that Hersbrucker you got last year come to any thing ? I ask as its not on your list . Hopefully because its a first year plant ?

MB (Formerly buster)

Yeah, it grew and yielded quite well for the first year. Both the Cascade and Columbus seemed to develop shoots off to the side so I'm just trying to contain them to one cluster of bines/buds.
Have you used the your home grown Hersbucker in a brew? I'd be interested to know if flavour is similar to the European grown variety.

Did I swap you for a Hallertau? How did this grow for you?

Hi Darkman ,

Yep the Hallertau grew like a weed . I put my four varieties into the ground and they all did very well , even if one or two started to sprout late. I got a perle that went into a pot about December and it's the smallest by far but looking promising for next year.I think I may have to take the Hal out as they are along the back of my house and the Hellertau and Hersbrucker grew together around the gutter. I dug out two shoots that popped up away from the main crown and there are roots going every which way . The growth of my plants in the ground is hugh compared to previous years in pots.

MB

Back