Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to try the chinook, as its my most used hop so far, but I will be honest and say I've never used hop flowers before, only pellets, so you may want to give them to someone who can accurately compare to what they've already used?

Yob said:
Free Hop Offer..

Ive been given..

3 x 100g - Victoria
1 x Chinook
1 x Cascade
1 x Cluster

Looking for someone to trial and report, %AA unknown, these are being grown by somebody (known to us.. not me) who is using them in a commercial setting but has a bit left over and I offered to get them out there and see if it was a viable option for me to unload.

So to be clear, these are flowers, grown in Victoria last season and vac packed and kept in good condition.

Will cost postage only.

Any and all are up for grabs, but conditional on reporting on your use and findings.

Not on the website yet, please express interest here.
Would be keen to try the Victoria as I've planted a rhizome this winter. It would be a good few weeks (possibly as late as almost Xmas) before I'd be able to report back though so no issues for someone else to have them if a shorter time frame is needed.

Thanks for the opportunity and generosity (again!).

BKBrews said:
I'd love to try the chinook, as its my most used hop so far, but I will be honest and say I've never used hop flowers before, only pellets, so you may want to give them to someone who can accurately compare to what they've already used?
First in best dressed, not looking to weight the results so your comparison will do nicely ;)

Yob said:
First in best dressed, not looking to weight the results so your comparison will do nicely ;)
Sounds good :)

Let me know the next steps and I'll get it done.

I'd be interested in either of those, I generally brew at least once every 2 weeks so shouldn't take long for results.

Im keen to try the Victoria. I believe they are different to Vic Secret which I have used before.

I will do them justice by putting them front and centre in an IPA which will be tasted by the brew club at the end of year shindig.

Let me know what I need to do.

Hopefully Victoria has more character than Vic Secret. I used 20g of Vic Secret at 5 minutes and besides a load of bitterness, it really hasn't contributed anything to the beer.

All but the Cascade spoken for... im gunna put tj2204 down for the Cascade as well and close this out..

I'll shoot you all a PM with further details

peteru said:
Hopefully Victoria has more character than Vic Secret. I used 20g of Vic Secret at 5 minutes and besides a load of bitterness, it really hasn't contributed anything to the beer.
Don't have my tasting notes with me but I remember distinctly writing about Vic Secret "use in my next Apa with chinook or Columbus". It was all kinds of fruity and just needed a little edge of dank added to it. I used 75g I'm the cube and 75g dry hop. Aroma was still lingering and no signs of disappearing and the keg blew at around 12 weeks. Fantastic stuff. Go harder and try cube hopping and dry hopping.

I chucked an American Northwestern APA in the fermenter last night. I was going to dry hop with Columbus and Cascade in a couple of days. Perhaps I'll chuck in some Vic Secret as well.

Mardoo said:
Yep, Victoria and Vic Secret are completely different hops.
I had a Google around and as far as I can tell, they are the same thing. Do you have any links/references that show that they are different and how they differ? Not trying to argue, just trying to get more info.

Back