HomeBrewMap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skrabak

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by this post. If so, please let me know or feel free to delete the post yourselves.

Few months ago we've started "project" (non profitable, just for fun) to identify (as much as possible) active home brewers in our country.

But soon other countries start using the map. So we decided to take whole thing much more seriously and added more and more new functionalities such:
- home beer exchange application
- events calendar
- recipes and their rating
- private messages etc.

Thanks to many helpful members it has been translated into seven languages already.

I would like to present You the site www.HomeBrewmap.com (https://www.facebook.com/homebrewmap/). If you like the idea and/or find it interesting/fun, feel free to use it.

If you´ve any questions feel free to contact me, I´ll do my best to answer it and help you.

Cheers,
Škrabák (Czech republic)

I am anti Facebook basically from when it raised its ugly head. Just saying. Does this mean I have to join facebook? Its not the new god yunno.....

sorry -_-

Danscraftbeer said:
I am anti Facebook basically from when it raised its ugly head. Just saying. Does this mean I have to join facebook? Its not the new god yunno.....

sorry -_-
No you don´t. We are just using Facebook social network as a way to promote that project. :)

Danscraftbeer said:
Why has Australia been overlooked? :unsure:
It is quite new project and people are mostly not interested in it. I´ve post it on Facebook page of Grainfather Users group (it is full of homebrewers from Australia and New Zealand). However, there was no feedback.
If you like it, feel free to use it, maybe someone else will join you. You can see, that it is working in Europe :)

Fair enough. Its a tradition to hobbie of doing and sharing it on the global map. This forum itself should qualify on the map I would have thought. Its just one forum here in oz.

Then again in traditional historical scales Australia doesn't really weigh up in beer styles. Or does it?

Thanks GrumpyPaul you are number 499 :)

To be honest I wasn´t lucky enough to try something from Australia. I just know about hops, Coopers and Grainfather (but GF is maybe from NZ).
But yeah, I should read something about beer history there.

hi skrabak -
we drink XXXX (fourex) in our part of australia because when it first came out, nobody could spell BEER. :huh:
in the middle of brewing at the moment, but will check out your thing later today.
cheers

butisitart said:
hi skrabak -
we drink XXXX (fourex) in our part of australia because when it first came out, nobody could spell BEER. :huh:
in the middle of brewing at the moment, but will check out your thing later today.
cheers
:D
Check it, I think that it is usefull map. But now it´s quite empty in Australia.

And of course, it would be awesome, if you can share it.

Tell me, if you have any question or doubts :)

well - i signed up -
looks like i'm the only brewer in brisbane. woo hoo :super:

butisitart said:
well - i signed up -
looks like i'm the only brewer in brisbane. woo hoo :super:
Beginning is always tough. :) but thanks to the map I found 5 other brewers close to me. Maybe you will be also lucky.

I signed up but can not find the confirmation email and have looked in all folders. Where do I go from there?

Hpal said:
I signed up but can not find the confirmation email and have looked in all folders. Where do I go from there?
You have personal message :)

Hi,

you have managed to reach top 10 countries according to our statistics (https://www.homebrewmap.com/cs/blogs/49-statistics-statistiky).
There is 7 of you :)

Thank you for your interest, hope you will get touch with others.

australia.jpg

Skrabak said:
Hi,

you have managed to reach top 10 countries according to our statistics (https://www.homebrewmap.com/cs/blogs/49-statistics-statistiky).
There is 7 of you :)

Thank you for your interest, hope you will get touch with others.

australia.jpg
Skrabak, I like the concept of this map it may help fellow brewers world wide to meet while on holidays.
The count for Australia should be 8 as I joined 3 days ago but have not had a confirmation ,actually it should be 9 as I reapplied yesterday .
Should it try to apply again or simply wait awhile ?
Thanks. Spog.

spog said:
Skrabak, I like the concept of this map it may help fellow brewers world wide to meet while on holidays.
The count for Australia should be 8 as I joined 3 days ago but have not had a confirmation ,actually it should be 9 as I reapplied yesterday .
Should it try to apply again or simply wait awhile ?
Thanks. Spog.
Thank you. That is also option how you can use the map and I can´t wait to try it :)

Please send me personal message with your email or user name. I will check it.

Now there is 9 homebrewers from Austria with location and one or two registered.
I would like to share the knowledge of the map with others. Can you please tell me about other forums or some forum in NZ?

PS: There is no fee and there is no need to put there exact adress.

You can check my profile here: https://www.homebrewmap.com/cs/18-home-breweries/3-domaci-pivovar-skrabak-home-brewery
I put my brewery in the middle of my hometown and also created email just for it.

Latest posts

Back