Homebrew Write-up In Smh

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Day
A good article for home brewing.
However I did like this bit;

"Known as "full mash" or "all-grain brewing", this requires more expensive equipment and greater skill. In this method, the home brewer produces the raw mash by cracking the grain in hot water in a mash tun. The liquid is then drained off and transferred to a fermenter for primary fermentation, when the yeast goes through its growth stage."

The "No Boil Method"?

Will save 60 to 90 minutes and no need for boilers, gas/electricity or chilling. :D

Well spotted there, Barry

Can't wait to read the pros and cons of the "no boil" method on this site, ad nauseum... <_<

Good Day
A good article for home brewing.
However I did like this bit;

"Known as "full mash" or "all-grain brewing", this requires more expensive equipment and greater skill. In this method, the home brewer produces the raw mash by cracking the grain in hot water in a mash tun. The liquid is then drained off and transferred to a fermenter for primary fermentation, when the yeast goes through its growth stage."

The "No Boil Method"?

Will save 60 to 90 minutes and no need for boilers, gas/electricity or chilling. :D

:lol:

I noticed this too Barry. I guess they have to dumb things down a bit though. When I am banging on to some poor unsuspecting individual about the process of AG brewing I can see their eyes glaze over well before I get to the boil stage! And if not, I know their just humouring me :lol:

I don't know whether achieving "pub-like results" is a compliment - or an insult! :D

The No Boil method is preferred by home brewers looking for a less-refined flavour profile which some describe as 'crap'. Mistakenly compared to both No Chill methods and the use of wild yeast, this technique died out as quickly as it began.

A source close to AHB decried the technique pointing to the recent popularity of the Slow Booze movement.

ESB (Eastern Suburbs Brewmaker) in Peakhurst sells a kit containing fresh wort for $85

now I think thats a bit rich

Franko

I don't know whether achieving "pub-like results" is a compliment - or an insult! :D

all depends on the pub and the beers they stock. Regularly churning out beers like the wig and pen would keep me pretty happy :) .

Back