Homebrew Master Comp - The Vic Enmore NSW?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
hi all,

did anyone know this was on? anyone entering or attending the event?

1555306_10152169282535730_2001165202_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thevicenmore/events

2x19 l kegs in "light" and "dark" styles constitutes an entry. It doesn't seem so much of a homebrew comp as catering their party!

Was considering an entry, but nowhere near enough notice was given for me to be able to produce that amount of beer, work out my own portable dispense system and make a video diary of the process.

Maybe I'll enter the next one, if there is a next one.

I found it odd that a home brew comp like this wasn't expressed to this forum....I found out about it through my wife who's colleague brews and is in the comp. 2 x 19lts and a video diary plus dispensing gear....gee whiz.

yeah i couldn't get to make 2 batches in enough time considering i bottle. i was going to but pulled out because i have no keg equipment so felt it was a bit skewed in that regard. video diary wasn't something that was needed if you couldn't do it (was just to be added to their facebook page as advertising it) but the whole keg dispensing needed kept me out as i couldn't bottle condition the beers in a short time frame after i'd found out.

Entries are closed, earliest post I could find was 15 Jan, seems a little tight for producing a lager or such. I quite like the comp idea but seems very few knew about it, so maybe they were just looking for the pub regular who can brew the best beer.

it was passed around in the ISB email chain late last month (from memory) but not many were keen given the video diary requirement etc

was initially interested until I found out about the volumes, serving requirements and video diary that was required. the videos requirement really put me off.

Latest posts

Back