Home Brew Trade Cert?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackfish

Reaction score
Heya! I'm shane, been brewing off and on since the late '80's. (Started in a new garbage bin as well!)

I've tried all the stupid things, including the chilli beer and dragging the keg fridge to parties....

I now reside in the Blue Mountains and the HBS is closer than the pub OR the bottle shop so that means...I brew a fair bit these days! I've gone back to bottles after old faithfull stopped actually cooling and I dispensed with it and bought a new beer fridge. Couldn't bear drilling holes in it, too pretty.

I've got a bit of a hankering for saaz lately so my favourite style right now is pilsners.

I am not in IT.

"I am not in IT."

So that means you are/were and engineer of sort then.......

Welcome to the forum...enjoy

So... has anyone established a home brewing trade certificate yet?

sort of a 'hybrid' of:
Electrical
Plumbing
Boilermaking
Fitting
Chiefing (is that what it's called?)
Horticulture ( for hop farming)
Chemical engineering

etc etc etc..help me out here

Sign me up! Imagine the TAFE classes!!!! "today folks we are going to be tasting all styles identified by the BJCP, a practical exam of this topic will comprise 80% of your marks." :eek: :D

*My first new thread B) Taking cover! :ph34r: *

i've got the Boilermaking down,

not quite ready to have %85 of my brain removed to deal with the Fitting side though. :ph34r:

You forgot the microbiology and infection control.

I can add these to my CV... :p

it would be the only job interview were you can turn up with a beer and get a good reaction for it

not quite ready to have %85 of my brain removed to deal with the Fitting side though. :ph34r:

Righto, we add Neurosurgery to the list then!... :)

And he's moving closer to you, Batz and Tidal Pete

And the course fees could be heavily subsided by opening a TAFE bar, considering they're around $2000/year for an advanced diploma.

Do you have to be able to dance? <groan>

Seems that a very significant portion of commercial brewers are chemical engineers - funny that. When i first started a Chem Eng degree i thought i'm going to be a boilermaker or making margarine for the rest of my life and got outta there.

THe hard part is being a chemical engineer, who is a home brewer and wanting to work in a brewery. They won't touch you!!!

Sloth.

And the course fees could be heavily subsided by opening a TAFE bar, considering they're around $2000/year for an advanced diploma.

Off topic I know <_< TAFE reads Try And F#@K#$ Enrol.
Or Training After Failing Everything.

Do you have to be able to dance? <groan>

Seems that a very significant portion of commercial brewers are chemical engineers - funny that. When i first started a Chem Eng degree i thought i'm going to be a boilermaker or making margarine for the rest of my life and got outta there.
I am sure I read somewhere that brewing was the start of chemical engineering. What other ancient art needed such high levels of temperature control, understanding of ingredients and process control?

As for the TAFE cert. they could use the work place accreditation scheme so
if you can do a few K&Ks you get Level 1,
Partials - level 2,
AG in other peoples gear - level 3,
AG in gear you build your self - level 4,
Master of AG so you can do any style from scratch - Level 5,
Open your own commercial brewery - Level 6.

Me, I'd be up to level 1.

Latest posts

Back