Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
I know plenty who think the same of the bible
You know plenty of televangelists and Hillsong pastors?

wynnum1 said:
In Bangladesh that sort of thinking can get you hacked to death.
That called your first 'caution'.

Dave70 said:
More problematic in the broader sense is the burka / niqab and its association with a more fundamentalists interpretation of islam and the backward aspects of the culture surrounding it. I think this is what really makes people uncomfortable.
I'd be uncomfortable to see a friend whom 'conservatively' follows Islamic values, as I myself 'loosely' follow Christianity/Catholicism/Western values, find themselves pressured into abiding by and being judged by Sharia law. Cultural and family obligations would see this happen easily, dress codes and associated perceptions of the broader community aside.
If any religion backs up it's 'rules' with direct punishment, and needs to force control it's believers to follow it, then it obviously goes against all ideals of freedom, free choice, fairness, equality, and whatever other feel good stuff that seems to be getting popular media coverage these days.

Ducatiboy stu said:
So why is everyone up in arms about the burqa......From what I have ascertained, no one in Australia has been killed or maimed by a women wearing a burqa. I might be wrong, but cant find anything

I think it more hysterics and irrational fear

We have a large Sikh population up around here, wonderful people, but there are those who oppose them wearing turbans because **** witts think they are terrorists
Nuns in habits. Bad habits. What are they hiding under there? Catholic priests?

Stouter said:
I'd be uncomfortable to see a friend whom 'conservatively' follows Islamic values, as I myself 'loosely' follow Christianity/Catholicism/Western values, find themselves pressured into abiding by and being judged by Sharia law. Cultural and family obligations would see this happen easily, dress codes and associated perceptions of the broader community aside.
If any religion backs up it's 'rules' with direct punishment, and needs to force control it's believers to follow it, then it obviously goes against all ideals of freedom, free choice, fairness, equality, and whatever other feel good stuff that seems to be getting popular media coverage these days.
Does direct punishment differ much from the threat of punishment, like, "if you don't believe in this invisible all magical sky pixie, you will burn in an eternal fire"?

This fundamental practice used for indoctrinating young children to perpetuate the fairy story is worse than wearing any amount of black cloth on your head.

Ducatiboy stu said:
What are they hiding under there? little boys ?
That would be the Padre wouldn't it? The nuns would have a long cane to dish out some good old fashioned catholic punishment (Blues Brothers style).

Religious discussion 101. How not to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdfpaftrOwc

Ducatiboy stu said:
Come closer... I want to see your faces...
Comedy GOLD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmXOfXGaIsM

As soon as Lambie started talking about sharia law and it was clear she had no idea about it, she was dead in the water.
Mind you I do agree with her wealth distribution ideas.

Ducatiboy stu said:
She so OWNED Lambey :)
But note how to Lambie it's water off a duck's back. Valid, reasonable principles rabidly brushed aside by her fervent righteous beliefs - it's exactly the same mindset of a religious zealot.

More importantly, note how quickly she accepts it is ok to promote hate towards a minority for the sake of "defending the majority."
I'm afraid things just got very scary if that is ok in the eyes of Australians.
Are we so ignorant of 20th century history or the foundation principles that have made our society so (generally) harmonious?!

I've actually had a tiny bit of respect for Lambie over the years representing ADF members and a few other causes. This clip virtually negates that.
I find it deeply disturbing.

On the bright side, it's not really that different to what Hanson and Bernardi have said over the last few years.

Lambie is a dropkick ignorant bogan who got voted in by other dropkick ignorant bogans cos she said some shit they think is good.

She's transparently and willingly ignorant. I apologise to the mainland that we have offered Abetz and Lambie and hope Wilkie makes up for it.

Ducatiboy stu said:
She so OWNED Lambey :)
I generally tune out to Lambies moronic abrasive drawl so no problem there, but for Abdel-Magied to sit there and skite about how sharia 'gives women rights' - obviously she fails to see the irony in that statement - is not only fallacious, but totally insensitive of the fact that Sudanese women, her country of birth and which she shares dual citizenship with, boasts one of the planets most appalling records of religiously mandated abuse against women on the planet. Perhaps, to use the popular SJW parlance, she needs to check her privilege. Abdel-Magied also fails to mention that "you follow the law of the land in which you are on" works unless it contravenes islamic law.

The programmers must surely know what the likely result of book ending Tony Jones with an loud mouthed nationalist and islamic apologist will be, certainly not anything positive.
But hey, here I am talking about it, just like everybody else, its a ratings win, so well played..

manticle said:
Lambie is a dropkick ignorant bogan who got voted in by other dropkick ignorant bogans cos she said some shit they think is good.

She's transparently and willingly ignorant. I apologise to the mainland that we have offered Abetz and Lambie and hope Wilkie makes up for it.
Never mind him.
Big Dave Foster is ******* awesome! THWAK!!

1315536232203.jpg

Latest posts

Back