Hi there!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castilleau

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick hello from sunny Brisbane.

Truth be told, I am not sure why I am on a beer brewing forum. If you asked me six months ago whether I was a beer drinker, I would most definitely have replied no. While I would not go as far as to say I hated the beverage, it most definitely would not be anywhere near my go to drink of choice.

Perhaps it was due to a lack of education to beers? Or a lack of exposure to fine beers. Whatever the case, I had not found a beer that agreed with my palate. My first thoughts as to why was the hops.

This however changed last year. Paid Ross at Craftbrewer a visit, looking for a keg fridge set up carbonate water for sodas. A Sodastream would also achieved the sae job, but I was looking for a system tat could produce volume. Mentioned to Ross I was not a beer drinker, and he promptly replied that was not possible. I just had yet to find a beer I liked. He then spent the next period of time showing examples from Bacchus Brewing, which were quite different to the more commercial brews I had been exposed to.

So, here I am a few months later, seeking to improve my beer education and possibly learn to replicate the flavours I like.

My question is where to start? Where do I learn about the styles of beer to try so I know wat I like? :)

Id suggest the bottle shop is a good place, get a few different styles and see what appeals, grab a lager, an APA and IPA and a wheat beer, see which one you fancy and expand from there..

A great and rewarding hobby

Welcome aboard

and here is a link you get you started LINKY

Thanks yob, specially for the link.

Good place to get started, apart from the bottle shop :)

Back