• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hi Guys, Looking for bottles (and capper) for a new brewer - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea_Eagle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, a mate of mine is just getting into the home brew scene (awesome). He has just moved down to Melbourne and I told him I would put a shout out on here for some longnecks. Now that I think about it he will probably need a capper as well.

Hit me up if anyone has bottles or a capper for a decent price.

I'm going to get him to sign up with AHB so he can join in the community.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Hi Mate, for bottles, seek out your local function centre & ask if they serve 750ml bottles & if you can raid their recycle bins. Have some empty boxes ready to put them in - make sure you put a tarp down first. Cheers

Where abouts in Melbourne is he? I have some long necks he's welcome to (not sure exactly how many but definitely a couple of batches worth)

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.

Pedleyr, my buddy lives in Preston. I sent you a PM with his contact details.

I talked to him the other night and he said his brew kicking along nicely.

Most reception centres use longnecks as their prefered beer serving method.
Politely call your local wedding reception centres and ask them if they mind if you go through their glass recycle bins. The ones I rang were very cooperative. Ask them which day is the best day to come, take some rubber gloves as there will be broken ones as well. Nearly every time I go to my local I have to leave many behind. Also imo there is nothing wrong with screwtops, in fact I argue they're better.

to name a couple in your area.
http://melbourne.weddingandbride.com.au/venues/whitehall-receptions.html
http://www.easyweddings.com.au/WeddingVenues/Melbourne/BellCityEventCentreRydgesBellCity/

Back