Hi from Portsparky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portsparky

Reaction score
Hi there,

I used to brew about 20 years ago, and have been getting back into it. I was in Dubbo NSW, but have been in Port Macquarie for over 10 years now.

I put together a keg setup when I used to brew ages ago which was challenging as there wasn't the kind of information around that there is now. I've dragged all that stuff out of hibernation and have got a dozen brews under my belt again this time around. A fair bit has changed in terms of gear, availability and techniques. This forum has been good for info thank you.

My setup now is an upright freezer I got for $60 from Facebook and an Inkbird to control temps. I can fit two 30 L fermenters in it. I also got a fridge for free from Facebook that I can fit 4 kegs in. IvI' mounted some taps in the door (the tap brand will remain nameless 'coz it's Christmas, and the happy festive season). I have 6 X Mytton Rodd kegs that I've finally found the parts for to recondition, plus 2 X cornies. I love the Mytton Rodd kegs and would like to find some more.

I picked up a 43 L kettle a few weeks ago, so have just done my third BIAB brew. It's a bit of work, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I've picked up a bunch of other stuff like flasks, stirplates etc too. All good fun

Thanks again for having me, and providing all the info that's on here.

Back