Hi From Margaret River WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocky

Reaction score
Hi, I have been brewing on and off for 20 years, I had about a 5 year off period when I couldn't be bothered washing bottles and bottling.
I got started again this year when I bought a Kegerator and now love the ease of it all, I have 4 19lt Kegs and a 4lt plus a 2lt keg, we drink around 25lts a week so I always have something brewing, I also have an air still and like making spirits as well, I do have a small annoying problem with beer lines that I will post in Equipment section
Cheers
Nocky

Hi Nocky

Nice part of the world you're in down there. We normally camp at Busselton at Australia Day week, then spend a couple of days in Margaret River doing the breweries and vineyards. It's a lovely place.

It's closer to 30 years since I last brewed, but so far enjoying the return to it. I'll be bottling up 2 batches later this week, so See how I feel about it after that

Been looking at the kegerator system, will be a real time saver. Need to convince the missus it's a good idea

Hi Mick, convince her :chug: :lol: My missus wasn't that hard to convince when I did some maths, we were drinking 2 blobks of beer a week (sometimes 3 ) so around $100 per week, we drink 1 23lt brew roughly a week at under $20 so the system has easily paid for itself, I wouldn't have gone back to brewing if not for getting onto kegs, washing bottles and stubbies is a pain, capping and waiting for carbing is a pain, the occasional exploding bottle or brew is a mess.
I was lucky enough to have the money at the time otherwise I would have built a system out of a chest freezer, I have a couple of friends that have built their own for under $500, I did see a few on Gumtree when I was looking, if you have a chance get a Kegoratot Mark 4

Holy Cowaramup! 25 litres a week!

Nice part of the world indeed. Quite a few fine breweries and wineries there..........you lucky bugger.

Cheers Nicky

I did gat myself kitted out with an old temperature controlled fridge c/w 3 kegs a nad two taps.

So much easier now. Just force carded 2 kegs for Xmas drinks.........happy days

Latest posts

Back