Hi from London

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to share my experience. I enjoy messing with my Guten because of that beer sculpture back home. Just not used to constraints when it comes to brewing. Living in a small flat allows me to brew 25L max.

Anyone do a modified pick up for the pump in the Guten yet? I'm in the process of working out some different ones. Will post a video of course of my screw ups.

This is what I have been playing around with, odd size and not a perfect hole for the inlet so a piece of silicone tube, the cut off from the helix and an end cap.With the helix being straight and tightly compressed I could almost guarantee nothing getting past it, trouble is with it being towards the centre it could block but a piece of copper tube running to the edge and picking up from there would be far better.
001.JPG

My brew at the weekend where I took some figures are as follows 5.5 kg MO & 0,200 kg Vienna dough into 24 litres of water 90 minute mash, lauter 3 litres, loss to grain was 5 litres added another 3 litres of water 25 litres 75 minute boil, should have added an extra 2 litres pre boil gravity would have allowed it.
Lost 5 litres to boil set on 2,000w with hood on, and it was a vigorous boil, 180 gram of hops but the helix kept them out of the FV, and put to use the old filter after cutting it down.
008.JPG

001.JPG

Latest posts

Back