Hi from London

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to share my experience. I enjoy messing with my Guten because of that beer sculpture back home. Just not used to constraints when it comes to brewing. Living in a small flat allows me to brew 25L max.

Anyone do a modified pick up for the pump in the Guten yet? I'm in the process of working out some different ones. Will post a video of course of my screw ups.

This is what I have been playing around with, odd size and not a perfect hole for the inlet so a piece of silicone tube, the cut off from the helix and an end cap.With the helix being straight and tightly compressed I could almost guarantee nothing getting past it, trouble is with it being towards the centre it could block but a piece of copper tube running to the edge and picking up from there would be far better.
001.JPG

My brew at the weekend where I took some figures are as follows 5.5 kg MO & 0,200 kg Vienna dough into 24 litres of water 90 minute mash, lauter 3 litres, loss to grain was 5 litres added another 3 litres of water 25 litres 75 minute boil, should have added an extra 2 litres pre boil gravity would have allowed it.
Lost 5 litres to boil set on 2,000w with hood on, and it was a vigorous boil, 180 gram of hops but the helix kept them out of the FV, and put to use the old filter after cutting it down.
008.JPG

001.JPG

Back