hi from hervey bay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steinthoraleboy

Reaction score
hi i'm mike from hervey bay. I Have just started all grain brewing and have found i'm brewing more beer than i drink cause i enjoy it so much (due to a three month course on antibiotics) i am just loving the smells and aromas of dunkelwiezens to american ipa's and am looking forward to giving and receiving valuable knowledge we all aquire on our quest for the perfect brew. Thanks for all the recipe's and information i looked up going through my extract and partial stage of brewing though not being a member was very helpful in making my beers and look forward to months ahead.
2 brews so far a.g ironstein weizen (became bitterwheat symphony) after long long boil (ready to drink 12/8)
three legg-ed goat american ipa (just bottled) galaxy cascade 6.9%

Oh I have just put down a borage ale with 1kg fresh borage
1 kg raw sugar
12ltr water
200g honey
then i dumped it on top of us 05 pale ale slurry after i bottled that.
Has anyone made borage ale before any comments?

Dunkelweizwen nice choice, that is in the pipeline for one of my next batches after I do my cerveza!

Welcome Mike,

Lots of AG brewers here around Gympie and at The Bay, hook up don't be a stranger. Beer is community!!

Cheers,

Screwy

Hi Mike,

Welcome

I've been here 12 months (ex Cairns) and quitely brewing away, . Martin says there's a quite active group around. Hope to catch up soon with all.

G.

Hi Mike, welcome to AHB, I am also a local brewer welcome to the community.
Borage beer sounds interesting you might have to tell me how it tastes

Matt O. (hi Mike)

Latest posts

Back