Hey from Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca05

Reaction score
Hey fellow brewers,
Just a quick hello and to say this forum is the best. So much info on here its amazing. I'm from Perth and have just built my first AG rig and although its not 100% finished I am hoping to brew on it this wknd for the first time. So excited.
I have been homebrewing for about 18 months now and figured it was time to become an AG Brewer. Hopefully Ill be able to learn the ropes and start creating my own beers. Well thats the plan :)

Cheers
Macca

Wow, first all-grain rig after only 18 months. That's a steep learning curve. Hope you're wearing a helmet. Inspirational stuff Macca!

Good stuff Macca n welcome. Did you complete your maiden AG brew? Keep good notes when you start AG coz little adjustments can make a huge difference to your brew. Congrats on taking the plunge!

jeezuz, chillamacgilla, , blast from the past

Hey guys,
I managed to do a brew yesterday on fathers day of all days. Was meant to be having family lunch at 1pm. I only got there at 230pm. I went for a sierra nevada pale ale but messed up my equations and only ended up with 18L into the fermenter. Was hoping for 23L. All up very happy though. Everything worked well, except the chugger pump overheating a couple of times and shutting down. Very annoyed at that.
Hopefully have another go this wknd. Im trying to learn how to use beersmith so I can learn to make my own soon.
Cheers
Macca

Welcome macca, good to see more Perthians!

Have a read of the chugger pump thread for issues with overheating. You don't appear to be the only one.

keifer33 said:
Welcome macca, good to see more Perthians!

Have a read of the chugger pump thread for issues with overheating. You don't appear to be the only one.
That would be Perthites ?
should have bought an Ultimiser pump :)
Nev

Hey Macca,

Good to see another Perth brewer on the forum! Nice work on the SNPA, presumably you had more evaporation or deadspace than planned, but you'll dial the system in soon enough. Good thing about the PA is that they are pretty forgiving in terms of volumes/hopping. You can always call it an IPA if it's over gravity, or a mid-strength if it's under!

And if its tasteless crap just call it Budweiser

Man us perthies love a bit of 'ome bru eh?

Latest posts

Back