Herms coil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it matters to determine the length more accurately, could you fill the entire coil with water (make sure there's not air bubbles), then drain and measure the volume/weight of water (or just measure the weight difference in the coil between empty & full).
Then measure the exact internal diameter of the tube.
From there it should be kinda easy to calculate the length of the tube of x diameter to be filled by y volume of water.
But probably doesn't need to be that accurate ..

I was thinking of filling with water and seeing what the volume was. I should be able to work out what goes in until it comes out from the other post.

What might it be?

NnV-vessel.jpg
NnV-insulation.jpg

I picked up an 80lt keg years ago from a bloke on here to convert to a kettle & he was gunna chuck out these cut keggy things, so I took them & they've been hiding in the back of the shed since.

Need a bit of TLC but the black one is already insulated, has a tap hole in it. About 35 wide x 48cm high.

The dodgy one is just a cut keg, about 40cm x 40cm.

Gas fire, collab HX, weld a 4" tube baffle in the centre of the tank to reduce total water volume and you're done. Let me know if you don't find a use for it and Ill set about turning it into a collab HX, warning though it would take me a while to get around to it.

View attachment 110222 View attachment 110223

I picked up an 80lt keg years ago from a bloke on here to convert to a kettle & he was gunna chuck out these cut keggy things, so I took them & they've been hiding in the back of the shed since.

Need a bit of TLC but the black one is already insulated, has a tap hole in it. About 35 wide x 48cm high.

The dodgy one is just a cut keg, about 40cm x 40cm.

Coil is 31cm wide and 39 high. 50 to top of outlets. So it would fit in that black one.

Kind of like that suit you wore THAT time.

The keg has a thick layer of rubber on the outside, to act as insulation and protection. They were popular in Europe a number of years ago. I’m not sure whether anyone still makes them.

Back