Here's Some Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am working on mod 2 of the mill for a hopper and drive unit also mod 2 for HLT

If anyone wants any info or job done give us a hoy

Anything is possible.

Also they rollers are what you call knerled

I can knerl any size shaft any diamater any lengths to 1Meter.

im a sheety and can make you hoppers for you out of galv or zinc alume or colourbond

Gents I'm after some rollers(2) to use in my home made unit. If you can get them sell them make them etc let me know the options and price

otherwise i'll continue with the barlycrusher

Jayse,

Whats the "black rubber" insulation on the drum on the floor in the above photo?

linz
that stuff is from a fridgey it is supposed to be some of the best insulation you can get.i'll find out what it's called.

your boiler linz were did you score that.is that a really old one.were looking at getting some 70's and 80's models which are thinner s/s.to produce some universal kettles for sale.

gmk
love too come out and get all that gear going.sounds like a great setup.i'll lend you a temp controller for the H.L.T.give us some time to drink instead of watch temps and turn on and off the urn etc.just set and forget.
i wouldn't mind some nice wooden signs with h.l.t ,m.l.t etc routered on them.that'll be cool.to go on the front of the converted kegs.

ben,
yep i'll organize your rollers.any size?

T.D.A
also your mill.will get in touch later.

jazman
thanx. but we want to do the fabricating ourselves or the cost to others will be too much.paying for extra labour etc.i'd rather do the labour and keep the money in my pocket.maybe we might come to an arrangement a mill for a days work from you.hows that sound.still ironing out the details.
sorry to say were in it for the bucks.like most people these days buisness comes first.once we get fully going you never know we could have some casual work for you.it all depends on demand.

cheers jayse

jayse
i would be interested in the kettles, maybe as kit form to save you on labour & me on cost ??
cant seem to source old kegs, and if you supply the elements etc. i would be very interested in purchasing the lot in one go from you.
what do you use to control the temperature, most thermostats ive looked at are arournd the $100 mark.

very nice setup youve got, hopefully ill get there one day

cheers
crackers

crackers
we will deffintly eventually get the kegs over here somehow if it kills me.it may take some time.but when we do i think will pretty much do what ever people want.if you just want a keg as is, no worries.i think thats what most people will want to get.then do the work themselves to save some bucks.you used to beable to get the kegs in oz for $85.i'd don't think will beable to offer them for any less than twice that now.after importing them from the states.

personally for these universal kettle i would by a three ring gas burner from a campimg store if i was you.they will last a lifetime and are quite cheap.properly less than a element to boil 10 gallons.

cheers jayse
some more pics coming sorry all talk no pictures.

jayse,
how do you rig up a temperature controller, to gas, to keep the HLT at a constant temperature??
what are you planning on doing to the kegs to sell them as kettles. (add manifold, outlet, valve, sightglass etc.)??

cheers
crackers

crackers
theres a gas solienoid which needs power to allow gas to pass though.the temp controller switches the solienoid on or off depending on the temp.there is a small valve which is before the solienoid with a s/s tube going to the top of the burner.this is for a pilot lite.so the pilot is always on.
i can get these solienoids made to fit straight onto any burner.if you don't have a controller you could use it to turn the gas on and of by flicking the mains switch off or on.
the temp controller can be used to switch on whatever you like a gas solienoid, electric urn, pump or fridge anything you like.theres some pics on page one.will get some more pics up later a little busy right now.
heres one don't know if you can make it out properly.

also the kegs will do as you said.site glass would be optional.but standard cut the top out weld in a part for the tap in the bottom with a length inside which could be used for a false bottom or a screen.it would be by order some people will want diferent things like a herms coil with the fittings welded to the sides for a H.L.T.as my new one is going to be.
anyway till later cheers jayse

gas_solienoid001.jpg

we will see i will work out a price for the hopper and maybe we can do a deal as i have good acces to the equipment to fabricate maybe i will make a templete for it and you can buy it off me that way they are all the same size ect plus i can get my steel cheap so we will see what happens plus i may be able to get my mill machine ect by one of the fitters form work so i will wait and see

I am working on a new design it uses the same rollers and the same bronze bush ends but a new design on ends to allow hopper mounting.

With all this talk I think I might copyright it Just joking I am happy to help all.

Will have the new one done in a week or two will get you picks soon.

Guys,
I was as lucky as when it comes to the boiler. I was servicing a club in the burbs and I ASKED ( as I keep telling everyone!) if they had anyold kegs they didn't want. The manager said they had 1/2 dozen out the back and "Help myself to all of them if I wished cause the trucks wont take them away"
I ended up with 7 some how B)

Linz.
cool i was offered some from a couple of managers proprietors. they said i can take any i want.but they are all ones that are still in use not older ones that have been hanging around.so i have said no.

i can get barrel shaped 45L kegs if anyone wants to use one of them.i'll get one made up see how it goes i reckon it'll work well.most people only need to boil 30 litres. and these are easier too find if you can't wait for a newer 50L keg.

cheers jayse
here's a pic of the tap mount on the fridge with four cornies.randy made that.no drip tray yet.hint hint.

beer_taps002.jpg

I am working on a drip tray just so many projects I dont know where to start

here's the gas solienoid on the burner with the temp controller that runs it.

hlt_drive001.jpg

sorry haven't got any new pics.
still haven't gone and got some batteries.
anyway if you think making a brewery in you garage is something check out what my old man is building in his shed.

Image01.jpg

these are from a few years ago its is complete now but has no wings.
will get some pics if anyone wants a look.
it has been 5 years in the making so far.

Image11.jpg

that would have to be the most unusual fermenter i have ever seen. :D
very large but ;)

Latest posts

Back