Here's Some Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the lovely ales in fermention.
there inside the constant temp is around 16c for the primary ferments they get a heater belt for a few hours each day to get a ale ferment at around 19c.
come summer i'll be building a small cool room powered by a aircon.in the shed.keep it at 20c.

fermentors_in_winter008.jpg

well, im impressed....and jealous.
joe

here's the hop back.
very simple as you can see their the same grommets as a airlock they get changed a few times it works by suction the pump is on the outlet sucking it through the hop back from the kettle so it has to be airtight.
thats a S/S pot scubber on the outlet for a filter tied on with a rubber band.

hop_back016.jpg

here's the magic box with fire extingquisher co2 bottle and small reg.

magic_party019.jpg

here's how it all pieces together.

fittings002.jpg

here's appeasing the ale gods

fermentors_in_winter018.jpg

compost that looks good enough to eat

compost003.jpg

here's what randy made last nite.
our new grain mill.

new_mill001.jpg

Jayse

Looks good, perhaps you should go into production....

If thats the case i'd love to know!

I want some rollers, if there textured like yours look like i'm even more interested!!!

jayse

Keep the picks coming.

As they say - A picture is worth a thousand words.

yeah i know what you mean.some americans take whole pages to discibe stuff.then in the end your left scratching your head.saying just show me a pic and i'll work it out myself.

no ones commented on the counter pressure bottle filler.
this beats your standard device.the whole thing is on page one.
this is the co2 and beer lines going into the bottle.for those you don't know how a counter pressure bottler works is you fill a cold bottle with co2 with one button then open the beer line(another button) as you release the co2 (another button)the beer flows into the bottle nicely.
i'll get a pic of the inside later in the sun.digicam doesn't work in dim light.

edit; it fills the bottles with cold carbonated beer.ready to drink.

bottle_filler002.jpg

i think its a good idea to make some stuff up for sale if anyone wants something just ask i'll see what i can do.most of the stuff we have could not really be made and sold that cheaply.things like the temp controller and bottle filler.(the bottle filler uses really expensive values.)
my brother who's handle is 'randy' does most of the stuff that needs fabricating.
if we could get our hands on heaps of used kegs we would certainly go into production.we could make M.L.T''s H.L.T's boil kettles,H.L.T's with herms.that'll be the best step to go into frabricating brew gear for aussies'
been watching on the net for such a score of kegs.

also we could make other things like coolers and heat exchangers of all types,iv'e never seen convoluted copper for sale that'll be a good thing to get hold of.i can't see making up a convoluted cfc's for less than $200.but if there is a market and it's worth the time for some extra profit.
can't work for nothing i'd rather be brewing.

the production idea has deffinetly been thought of.

i want to have a nice wooden hopper for the mill with a company logo burnt on it.but in the end production cost will come down to those features .if we were producing them..
i'll see what that mill will end up being worth too make. after all heaps are people are after mills.and it'll be a good start into production.

anyway as i said if anyone wants something i will see what we can come up with.it seems quite a few are after a mill.we would have to beable to make ours for less than the valley mill or nobodies gunna by a unknown mill even if it's of the same quality.
i'll get some pics up when i have the hopper.i'd say you'll be looking at $150-$200.if i can get them made.
maybe even get randy to come up with a cheaper design.

shed001.jpg

Jayse,

we will have to get together when i get to Adelaide...discuss all this stuff.

I reckon i can make/sell brand new 10 Gallon Rubbermaid mash tuns complete with ss ball valve, nut and tail with a 12inch plastic Phills false bottom for $245.00....

I can turn up wooden handles for the grain mill and make the wooden sides.

Can also turn up tap handles etc...

gmk

sounds like a good idea.
it all comes down to wether people are prepared to spend that much on the stuff.we could save cost by making our own false bottoms for the mash tuns.even source a cheaper alternative to the rubbermaid 10 gallon which is $150 by itself.or even make our own bazooka type screens.

i don't think that many people would be prepared to fork out $250 for a mash tun.the buissness would have to operate on everything made to order.at least for a start.

do you have a wood lathe?theres even more ideas'cool.

might have too get a patent on the mill.i reckon we could sell them everywhere.i'll see randy in a couple days see what sort of price people will be looking at.

Jayse,

i am a wood worker and have the following:
Wood Lathe
Table saw
6inch planer
Radial Arm Saw
Router table with a Hitachi TR12 Router
Metabo 1/2 sheet sander
Metabo jigsaw
6x12inch Linisher
8inch belt Grinder
4inch angle grinder
Makitta electric drill with drill stand etc...

I am about to go allgrain Brewing and have the following:
30ltr Urn as the HLT
1/4inch refrig grade annealed copper for the sparge spiral
10gallon Rubbermaid Mash Tun
75ltr Electric copper washer - Kettle
St Pats Convoluted Copper Counterflow Wort Chiller

Will need some help in setting it all up and doing All Grain.
Will turn you a magnetic bottle opener for the help you are willing to give me. or Alternatively, you turn your own.

Back