Help With This Cider Recipe Please.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate, why don't you give franko's recipe a go. it's got a decent amount of pear juice in it, so it's a bit sweeter, and maybe girly enough ;)

also, it's simple, which is good.

Franko's:
12 Litres 100% Apple juice no added flavours or preservatives (Bought from Aldi)
8 Litres Apple & Pear juice no added flavours or preservatives (Woolworths)
250-300 grams LDME (light dried powdered malt)
3-4 Apples granny smiths or Pink ladys cut into quarters added to fermenter
Wyeast 4766 Cider Yeast (this is imperative)

Ferment for 8-12 days then chill for 2 weeks at 2-3 degrees or cold filter
Keg and enjoy

That sounds great, but how do you think it'd handle 26c? My fermenters sit on that permanently...I know i know i should use temp control but i'm just starting out and will have to settle with what i'v got for now. Would anything like that be suitable for my climate?

a lot of guys have posted on the forums of doing it around 24c, so i can't imagine a huge difference. from what i understand, it'll ferment quicker, but won't have the same level of clarity that a cool ferment will have.

you could always put it in an ice bath though?

Good idea, i think i'll ferment as cool as possible maybe outside and once finished i'll place it in my eski and ice it every day or two, It's probably about the best i can come up with but should do the trick.

Thanks for the helpfull info Fergyle

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back