Help Wanted - Excessive Head - New System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homekegger1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just come across a chiller unit that has 4 lines, which is perfect because I have 4 taps. I have just connected up all it in's and out's lines, checked for leak's etc...

I have just run my first beer through and all I am getting is foam. So I thought I might up the pressure and still foam, lowered the pressure, not as much foam but still a bit that it messes with my beer.

Have read the balancing article in the wiki and perhaps the only thing I can think of is that for 2 short (less than 10cm) sections I have had to use larger diameter lines than those that I was one using. Could this be the cause of my problem or is it something more sinister (TIC)

I am excited by the fact that I can now serve beer to my font ice cold, as well as chill my font, but if it is at the expense of losing a lot to foam, then perhaps I will go back to the chest freezer option.

For info the beer I was serving was already cold going into the chiller.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

HK

p.s. I guess getting new bling can't always go without hiccups

I think you answered your own question there, those larger diameter sections wont be helping one bit. Have you done that for all four taps? and are they pouring the same?

Just tested the other two lines that i didnt do it to and they pour fine. Thanks for confirming my stupidity

Back