Help Stop The Kin Kin Quarry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
T-shirts available for just $10.00, all sizes, also stickers $1.00. I'm happy to post these out if your keen.

kin_kin_001.jpg

Batz

Had a quick squiz at the petition and if successful all it'll do is give you road works to deal with as well. You'll be pushing shit uphill to stop a quarry going ahead - even if they don't give a shit about the material coming out they will want a landfill at the end of it.

For what it is worth I lived on the same block as 3 quarries for most of my life with a road very similar to the one described in the petition (fewer bends but they are hairpins) and the only accidents I'm aware of with the trucks is when they get back out to the main road.

You'll be pushing shit uphill to stop a quarry going ahead.

Perhaps so bum, but we have two choices, throw up our arms in the air and give up, or do our best to stop this thing.
The people of Kin Kin have chosen the later, and you need to drive the road to understand this area cobber.

Batz

I will buy some mech off ya, Batz. Too much of this going on IMHO.

PM me with your details and I will send some money

Paul

I will buy some mech off ya, Batz. Too much of this going on IMHO.

PM me with your details and I will send some money

Paul

Cheers Paul ! Wear it with pride mate, and if you ever get to Kin Kin old Jed won't take a shot at you if your wearing that shirt.

jed.jpg

Pm sent

Batz

Kin Kin has been known as a pristine environment since it was first settled. It is still that way today thanks to the local residents, who love the environment they have chosen to live in and respect.

Quarrying Kin Kin would be, to put it in perspective, on par with an oil tanker or coal ship running aground on our Great Barrier Reef. As I said our Great Barrier Reef. So to all politicians of this great country of ours why do we have to put up with your hypocritical decisions? At the moment you are all so concerned with the Shen Neng coal ship that has run aground on the Great Barrier Reef but you dont care about the destruction,( and that is exactly what it is), destruction of a pristine environment in which people are living in and protecting.

Petition signed.

Kin Kin has been known as a pristine environment since it was first settled. It is still that way today thanks to the local residents, who love the environment they have chosen to live in and respect.

Quarrying Kin Kin would be, to put it in perspective, on par with an oil tanker or coal ship running aground on our Great Barrier Reef. As I said our Great Barrier Reef. So to all politicians of this great country of ours why do we have to put up with your hypocritical decisions? At the moment you are all so concerned with the Shen Neng coal ship that has run aground on the Great Barrier Reef but you dont care about the destruction,( and that is exactly what it is), destruction of a pristine environment in which people are living in and protecting.

Petition signed.

Sorry for the OT here, but Gregs, politicians are only concerned with staying politicians. Mores the pity.

Petition signed.

Thanks gregs,
Most of us in Kin Kin are greenies, organic, revegitation people, landcare members, land for wildlife land holders. I know that we need quarries, I worked in mines for 25 years, but the road here is not suitable ( talking safe) for b-doubles. Stop the quarry or build a suitable road...easy hey?
There are lots of other sites, it just build it where there's not to much opposition....got news for the quarry dudes :icon_cheers:

Batz

kin_kin_001.jpg

So $10.00 for a brewing/lawn mowing shirt,cheap really, we are just getting a message out not making money from these shirts.
Go on be a talking point....$10.00 you would happily pay that for a good beer.

Batz

I'll take a shirt and a sticker. Send me the payment details.

Cheers Brad

Ok Batz, but I'd like another Batz sticker for my car too :p
1 x T-shirt
1 x sticker
1 x Batz sticker

How much for postage and I will transfer today with those other funds.

Cheers

Andrew

Paul your shirt and stickers were posted this morning, others should have a PM with banking details.
Postage is a $5.00 post bag.

After you do the banking deposit, PM me with your postal address.

Batz

Those who are interested the judge will hand down his decision at Maroochydore Courthouse at 2 pm today.

Fingers crossed, it could be a big night at the pub either way.

Batz

PS Thanks to those who supported our cause.

Those who are interested the judge will hand down his decision at Maroochydore Courthouse at 2 pm today.

Fingers crossed, it could be a big night at the pub either way.

Batz

PS Thanks to those who supported our cause.

Hope you get the right result Batz, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Andrew

Perhaps so bum, but we have two choices, throw up our arms in the air and give up, or do our best to stop this thing.
The people of Kin Kin have chosen the later, and you need to drive the road to understand this area cobber.

Batz

Are there any pics of the road online so we can see the condition it is in?

Hey guys, what was the result?

Cheers - Snow.

I just checked the Kin Kin Community group webpage and saw this.

"Planning & Environment Court judgement 21 December 2010
Judge Dodds handed down his judgement at 2 pm on 21st December 2010 and it was devastating news for us. He has ruled against us on all four points of our application. Although this seems inexplicable, we have to now sit down and analyse the decision to see where we go from here. We are certainly unable to just give in and let this mega quarry ruin our lives.

See the complete 38 page judgement here (2.9mb PDF). It is apparent that the judge has relied heavily on Sunshine Coast Regional Council's support of the project in finding against us.

The entire team who have worked so hard to prepare this case are devastated, but we will regroup and fight on."

the site can be found here http://www.kkcg.org.au/quarry.html

Bummer...

Oh man that sucks big time :angry:

I missed the thread, but had watched the legals in the paper. I'm still in for a shirt.