Help Needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billrollo

Reaction score
G'day guys,

I am new to this forum, and what I have read has been really useful stuff, well done, keep it up. However, I need to buy a 9.5l keg for my bar fridge. I am trying to start up a keg system at home, and because my fridge is not that big and wanting to keep bottles in there too, I need the smaller keg. Can anyone please send me in the right direction. I can buy a new one for about $250, is this too expensive?? Or are there second hand ones out there. Someone please help :beerbang:

G'day guys,

I am new to this forum, and what I have read has been really useful stuff, well done, keep it up. However, I need to buy a 9.5l keg for my bar fridge. I am trying to start up a keg system at home, and because my fridge is not that big and wanting to keep bottles in there too, I need the smaller keg. Can anyone please send me in the right direction. I can buy a new one for about $250, is this too expensive?? Or are there second hand ones out there. Someone please help :beerbang:
Check out Ebay.
I saw one on there for about $135 the other day brand new.

yes thats right, there is one there in Ebay. It's brand new, comes from Italy and the seller states that you will save $40 compared to what its worth.
You will find it by typing home brew in the search engine.
I have seen these smaller kegs in home brew shops so youy might want to check them out to.
Also seen these on the net for sale.

(quick edit) if you look up at the top of this website you will see there are a few stores who advertise there products. I know that craftbrewer has some of those kegs for sale. :rolleyes:

G'day guys,

If you are prepared to spend upto $250 on 1 small keg, you could look at buying a chest freezer or fridge possibly with lines+tap and a full size keg for around the same price. Check ebay out. For the set up time of keg (conditioning and carbing etc) 10ltrs for me is a bit small.

Or//

Buy a chest freezer for $100 and a reco keg for $70 or less. That leaves you $70 for taps and lines. Gas is the other major setup cost.

Good luck
Andrew

Thanks heaps guys, I'll look into ebay tonight.

Sam, that is the same type of keg that in for sale at the Home Brew store near me. I have put that site into my favorites.

Cheers, I'll have a beer for you blokes. :chug:

Back