Help Me!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollux

RoachHaus Brewery
Reaction score
Okay, here is my problem, I just bought a 500gram block of US05, and totally neglected to consider how I will store it as I use it.....

I don't have a vacuum sealer, nor any CO2 I could purge packaging with......

Would plastic ziplock bags cut it?

plastic bags would be fine. i know ppl who buy the blobk, weigh it all up separately into baggies and just pull a baggie out of the fridge when they need it.

Thanks for that. I was hoping that was the case...

Now to hit up ebay for some ziplock baggies.

Thanks for that. I was hoping that was the case...

Now to hit up ebay for some ziplock baggies.

Why ebay just go down to your local supermarket and pick some up

plastic bags would be fine. i know ppl who buy the blobk, weigh it all up separately into baggies and just pull a baggie out of the fridge when they need it.
You "know people who weigh it up in baggies", hhmm c'mon Fents I thought those days where over mate?? :p

errr you dont need ziplock either....the ones im thinking of i dont know exactly what there called.....they only name i know for them are "deal" bag's... :p type that inot google images and the see what the first image is that comes up ;) hahahaha

You "know people who weigh it up in baggies", hhmm c'mon Fents I thought those days where over mate?? :p

hahahahaha! i have no other way of explaining it. :p

Not overly sure there Pollux, a zip lock bag would allow you to push most of the air out. From memory though, US05 sachets are not vac packed, though can't speak for wherther or not they are flushed with Co2.

Cheers SJ

edit: i got distracted mid post and plenty of people beat me, d'oh!

ziplocks order on eBay, now to wait and I'll split the block next week.....

I can have my moments of simpleness some days.

Relax Pollux, it's a friday, we're all allowed to be a bit simple on a friday.....

:icon_cheers: SJ

I have to go back to work tomorrow after having 5 days off....

I really don't want to.

I have a 200mm (or 20cm according to the fruity manufacturer) Sunbeam Vac Sealer if you want to use it Pollux. I have some large bags that you can divide into smaller one too, depending on how many you want. I needed this item for my hops. Let me know if you are interested, I am at home today sorting some stuff out.

From the top:

1.Thanks Bizier, but I am happy enough to go with the ziplock bags after a bit more reading.

2. CCO, I ordered it from Ross @ craftbrewer. $87.

3. Stagga, check this link

1.Thanks Bizier, but I am happy enough to go with the ziplock bags after a bit more reading.

No wux, it was actually just a ploy to get you to hand deliver that beer.... *insert evil laugh*

If I wanted to borrow it, I'd use that beer to convince you to hand deliver the sealer :p

I'd have to meet you at a geographical midpoint for the exchange, somewhere like the Oxford Tavern to sort this out... and we don't really need that before 12.00.

Hey Pollux, I am nearly finished a 500g block and have just kept it in the original foil bag, that I fold over and wrap two rubber bands around when finished , then keep that in a clip lock fridge tupperware thingy.
No probs with it

Edit: I just use a measuring spoon

Back