Help Czech Dark Lager Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barãob

Reaction score
see some recipes with up to 20% caramel malt... is that true?

I accept suggestions.

Pilsen 50 %
Dark Munich 38 %
Caramunich III 6%
Cara Special- 2 4%
Special B 2%

The Special B seems a little out of place for me, I associate it with fruity Belgian ales rather than Czech lagers.

It might work, just checked the style guide and dark dried fruit may be present… just be careful not to overdo it

Here is one that I have on Brewbuilder.

It is a very nice beer.
Czech Dark Lager.jpg

@Brewman_ I like that it has the mash steps. You don't have a water chemistry calculator in your software?
Hi Spacman,
No unfortunately the software didn't get that far. your welcome to go in and use it. Its great for designing / modifying and storing your own recipes. It also links in with the actual stock in the store and all the actual malt and hop specs for the batches that are stock now. Uses actual batch stock not general numbers.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Spacman,
No unfortunately the software didn't get that far. your welcome to go in and use it. Its great for designing / modifying and storing your own recipes. It also links in with the actual stock in the store and all the actual malt and hop specs for the batches that are stock now. Uses actual batch stock not general numbers.

Cheers
Steve
Thanks Steve. I've recently moved to Brewfather ( from an old bodgy version of brewmate) which has the water calcs embedded. If you had water I'd be all over it as I prefer to support local where possible. I might see if I can put together my own table of style specific figures from it (could take a while), that way could use a piece of gear like yours. I've been particularly trying to sort that side of things out to bring real consistency in quality to my brewing.

Last edited:
Back