Help...beer doesnt want to carb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govorko1974

Reaction score
Have just kegged for the first time and was using the set and forget method to carb it. keg was chilled for more than 24hrs and I set reg at 30 bar(300kpa) for 24 hours. tried it and wasn't carbed so set it at 10 bar (100kpa) and it has been at this for 72 hours. just tried it again and still seems undercarbed. was just wanting advice as to how long does it take to carb up. am looking for carb level around the normal aussie beer. and also how does everyone else if you use the set and forget method does it. it maybe I am just being impatient...like a kid at xmas just wanting to try my new toy

If I slow carb my beers I set them at pouring pressure (10psi / 70kpa for me), and it takes around 7 or so days.

that's what im starting to think. have checked for leaks in keg and don't have any so am wondering if the regulator is reading wrong. was a 2nd hand set up I bought

at a rough guess it is about 4-8 deg judging by sticker on side on keg. I know this is a big difference and can effect it, but I had it chilling for nearly 7 days before I hooked it up to the co2.

Back